Bronson vs Trance vs Dixion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bronson vs Trance vs Dixion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
I am looking for an AM bike that can climb well and isn't real heavy and descend well (obviously). I have narrowed it down to the Santa Cruz Bronson and Giant Trance and Devinci Dixion. I currently ride a Kona hardtail (xc). I don't know what bike to get and don't have any demos near me to try any out.
Price wise I would like it to be in the 2700ish range whether its new or used

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 17:08 Quote
its Dixon not Dix-ion and out of those three i would go for a bronson

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 17:16 Quote
I've got the trance (27.5) and I can tell you its a great ride. Throw a pike 150 or 160 and a 200x57 rear shock (increases rear wheel travel to 158mm) and it climbs and descends like a beast. Never ridden a Bronson but I'm sure you can't go wrong with it. I'd def rock the Troy before the Dixon, I'm a fan of 27.5. My buddy has a Troy carbon and its sweet. There are a lot of great bikes out there now. If you save up a bit more say...3,500 it opens up more options out there. Kona Process 153, R.M. Altitude, etc.
P.s. I love my Trance.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
I have a dixon and I love it, I did have a kashima rp23 but I put a Fox rc4 on and the bike is simply incredible now, climbs fantastically for a coil shock and the downhill performance is beyond quality, defiantly recommend

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 17:11 Quote
To hard to decideFrown

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 17:23 Quote
I hear you. The truth is, all those are great bikes and you can't go wrong with either one.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
I am biased for sure because I ride a Bronson. I will say I ride with a buddy often who's on a nice trance, its a nice bike, but he can't keep up on the DH. We're very similar riders, but the Bronson just bombs.

Get the Bronson.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 8:49 Quote
Thing is to decide on, is to demo ride different suspension designs as not everyone gets on with vpp even though I do.

Have a look at new Transitions !

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
What about the reign 27.5 doit all bike??

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
Giant... meh... their recent offerings are lacking the luxorious heavy duty expensive feel that most other big name bikes have imo

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 15:36 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
Giant... meh... their recent offerings are lacking the luxorious heavy duty expensive feel that most other big name bikes have imo

Agreed, Giant doesn't have that "Gucci" smell to it and nobody is going to shoot a load in their shorts when looking at one like a M6, Nomad, Bronson, etc. But they are solid performers and a good value. Like most of us here I have left guys riding $8,000 wiping my dust from there eyes and in turn, I've been smoke checked by guys with less expensive bikes.

P.s. Reign on order, will be here in a couple weeks!

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
Rlvinas wrote:
shredjekyll wrote:

Agreed, Giant doesn't have that "Gucci" smell to it and nobody is going to shoot a load in their shorts when looking at one like a M6, Nomad, Bronson, etc. But they are solid performers and a good value. Like most of us here I have left guys riding $8,000 wiping my dust from there eyes and in turn, I've been smoke checked by guys with less expensive bikes.

P.s. Reign on order, will be here in a couple weeks!

Wish everyone was this realistic and objective. Nothing wrong with Giant just not where i would put my money if money was no concern

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 18:29 Quote
Money no concern...Fly to Europe and score a YT Capra then fly back and pick up a Nomad. Hell, I might even throw in a specialized S works Epic just to ride around the block. This is why I don't check my Powerball tickets till a few weeks after, I am potentially a millionaire.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
stephogt wrote:
What about the reign 27.5 doit all bike??

I demo'd the reign advanced (or whatever the plural of demo is) it just a few days after it. It was a good bike but was still not amazing for climbing even with shocks locked out. Though the shocks didn't lock all the way out. They go so they have some give for "bump reduction" or something like that

The front end felt a bit heavy compared to the rear on downhill and felt like it would be better on a actual downhill course. Just more of a downhill geared bike. (May not have been stiff enough)

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 18:42 Quote
If you're buying new you should add a grand to your budget. The trance comes with a 32mm fork which is not a capable descender, and if you go SX you're up into bronson price point. The trance is probably an all around better climber.

Realistically if you can find either used you'll probably be very happy with it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012299
Mobile Version of Website