Powered by Outside

Remedy as a do-it-all

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
Debating between a remedy or spec enduro/ trek slash. I've heard the remedy can handle all the descents that all the other comparable bikes bikes can but what about the bike park/ free ride stuff? Is it strong enough or will I have to change out parts to be beefier? Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
Well I have a trek remedy 8 2013 and that handles some pretty hectic descents and I can still climb back up the hill. I have changed a few components but mostly for preference never as the parts have broken. Trek and bontrager stuff is bombproof, plus if you break a trek they will replace it!

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 19:10 Quote
I have a 2014 Remedy 9. It can bomb just about anything. I would definitely go for 27.5 inch Remedy. And yes, Trek and Bonty are good with warranties. They replaced my Superfly frame awhile back and a wheel that I tacoed (On the remedy but was not the stock wheel)

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 20:51 Quote
Can it handle big jumps like in a bike park or freeride trails?

FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 4:15 Quote
tandog99 wrote:
Can it handle big jumps like in a bike park or freeride trails?
My mates running a 2012 one, he's hit some big stuff on it quite often. Unfortunately the rear end developed a crack, but being honest this wasn't surprising looking at the things he was hitting lol

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
Mates 2012 didn't like the steeper bigger stuff. Far to twitchy. Back soaks up good but not slack enough and very short top tube. His large feels like a medium and a small medium at that.
He did one run at Innerleithen downhill trail on his then borrowed my dh bike.
I more than happily stuck to my process 153, way better and as good as any Dh bike for that place and most others.
New remedys would need to be a big improvement over his for proper stuff. I'd say there more am bikes than uplift bike Park bikes.
That's my 50 p

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008947
Mobile Version of Website