Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
I got my troy lee helmet for 50% off. I find the fit is amazing, they really protect the chin well when compared to other full-face helmets. Has annyone else noticed this?

Eric,

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
phillyboy16 wrote:
i have the 661 pro bravo carbon it is super light and looks pretty sick too and fits like a dream

I'm with ya on that. I ride the 661 pro bravo carbon as well, it's been a great helmet, light, fits great, and I think it's one of the better looking on the market. It's not a TLD carbon, but it's also a 1/3 of the price.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
-eric- wrote:
I got my troy lee helmet for 50% off. I find the fit is amazing, they really protect the chin well when compared to other full-face helmets. Has annyone else noticed this?

Eric,

Yeh its very well protected, I also got mine 50% off too Big Grin

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
TLD are like the Ferarri's in the biking world. Frickin amazing! I also got mine for 50% off, it came to about $125. And it's the open face which gives me alot for ventilation for the less big hit riding, use it more for rippin around and local riding(bit of jumps,DH, all round riding). Best helmet for the price and truely UNIQUE!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
i am thinking about buying a fox rampage. i tried one on and it fits like a dream to my fat dome. but i was wondering what the cons of the giro remedy are over the rampage?nobody around here carries TLD's sorry to jack the thread.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
i regret to say i started this thread about troy lees helmets...

but i seem to be a chicken chaser coz i went out and bought a tld damn...

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
ehm i dunno if this has been asked before but is it true that u can send in your helmet and hell design it for u and stuff?
or even your bike frame?
or if its not true you think its possible?

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements[/Quote]

are you kidding me? have you heard of getting a job and working for your own shit. i own a tld helmet and im 17.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
I have 2. a D2 carbon and an SE. I wouldnt have anything else.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
exaclty. same with me

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
Just my 2 cents but does anyone else think your hearing is almost blocked out when you wear one?

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
yeah i kind of noticed that

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
super light carbon fiber. extremely comfortable, doesnt even feel like you are wearing a helmet. excellent protection and the best graphics in the business.I got mine on closeout for $270, couldnt be happier, bust investment ever.

thats whats up

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
narlynorcodude wrote:
Theres nothing like a troy lee helmet, that says pro...

What's the deal? Why are they such a popular helmet even for the bloody price. I have a giro remedy that seems sweet enough for me.

P.S personally i don't have enough money to get one that's why i'm bitching.
I like Giro Remedys way better, I find troy lees face gaurd to close to your face...

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
Troy lee helmets just have a way feel to them, and they look way more badass cause there hand painted

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016959
Mobile Version of Website