Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
I may sound stupid but I highly doubt each one is hand painted. Yes the design is done then it is just printed on each helmet. I so prefer my SixSixOne Flight helmet!

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
I just got the Bell Drop Manik helmet today and I love it. I would never spend that much on a Troy Lee.
photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
joshinthebox wrote:
ehm i dunno if this has been asked before but is it true that u can send in your helmet and hell design it for u and stuff?
or even your bike frame?
or if its not true you think its possible?
bump

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
joshinthebox wrote:
joshinthebox wrote:
ehm i dunno if this has been asked before but is it true that u can send in your helmet and hell design it for u and stuff?
or even your bike frame?
or if its not true you think its possible?
bump
they can paint you custom TLD lids, i highly doubt they would do on a random helmet... but prices are way to high, 500 dolares for a paintjob wich i wil surely scrats isnt worht it

Mod
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
Yes, TLD does custom paint jobs and they start at around $500 for simple designs and go up from there. All the information can be found on their site.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
Well i love my TLD carbon helmet cause its supper light and fits the best
My Giro Remedy also is really nice, the only thing i dont really like about it is the bulkyness of it.
Both of the helmets are superb i admit. love them both

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:03 Quote
photo

If all you haters, actually used a tld, you'd be singing a different tune. any one with troy lee's wouldnt ride anything else. It is a luxury well worth it.

Mod
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
I actually like the Remedy because of its comfort and cost ratio compared to that of a TLD. I also know a lot of people who have had several TLD lids in the past and they too alternate between the Remedy CF and D2 Carbon. It seems like THE helmets are starting to catch on and are popular amongst some of my friends. Don't get me wrong, TLD makes a nice lid (I've had several) but not everybody can afford them. Although not all helmets are created equal, the major players are pretty damn good at what they do! They make strong and durable helmets that are lightweight and breathe well at a cost effective price point that the majority of people can afford. Although TLD manufacture a quality product, there are several equally as good manufacturers that are more budget friendly than them.

photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
I actually like the Remedy because of its comfort and cost ratio compared to that of a TLD. I also know a lot of people who have had several TLD lids in the past and they too alternate between the Remedy CF and D2 Carbon. It seems like THE helmets are starting to catch on and are popular amongst some of my friends. Don't get me wrong, TLD makes a nice lid (I've had several) but not everybody can afford them. Although not all helmets are created equal, the major players are pretty damn good at what they do! They make strong and durable helmets that are lightweight and breathe well at a cost effective price point that the majority of people can afford. Although TLD manufacture a quality product, there are several equally as good manufacturers that are more budget friendly than them.

photo
I get TLD for free xD only ever had one though, didnt really like it

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
sykesy wrote:
IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements
I have the 09 Carbon TLD helmet and I'm not a rich kid. I may have a bunch of expensive bikes and expensive gear but I also work hard for it all and have nothing left. And other then that. My TLD is the best fitting helmet I have ever owned or tried. I've had many different kinds and they all didn't fit properly. I tried on a TLD and fell in love on the spot.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
TaylorSmith- wrote:
sykesy wrote:
IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements
I have the 09 Carbon TLD helmet and I'm not a rich kid. I may have a bunch of expensive bikes and expensive gear but I also work hard for it all and have nothing left. And other then that. My TLD is the best fitting helmet I have ever owned or tried. I've had many different kinds and they all didn't fit properly. I tried on a TLD and fell in love on the spot.
i have a cousin who rides DH/Mx(motox as in dirtbikes) he is sponsered by troy lee for protective gear in MX but tld gives HIM mtb stuff for free to btw he is 15(he can get me a free helmet if i want)

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
TaylorSmith- wrote:
sykesy wrote:
i have a cousin who rides DH/Mx(motox as in dirtbikes) he is sponsered by troy lee for protective gear in MX but tld gives HIM mtb stuff for free to btw he is 15(he can get me a free helmet if i want)
coooool?

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
just adding to the "any one under 18 with a tld is a ritchy" statement

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
i bought a bell bellistic and it broke on my 3rd time at whistler, i did a bit of a face plant in the boneyard. waste of $80
now i need a new one, one thats strong, i really want to but a tld and i do have more than enough money (being half chinese is awesome, chinese new year is way better than birthdays)
but im really cheap. the ones im thinkin about are the remedy, THE ONE, and d2
personally i would buy THE ONE but i cant find them in vancouver. so its between the remedy and d2. any hlp plz, and no comments for tld haters who never even tried one on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019010
Mobile Version of Website