Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
its simple really

the more expensive your bike and riding gear, the faster u go, its just a fact of life
oh wait, they just look cool and people are posers

That's a pretty unfair assumption to make, concidering people may have spend months saving for one because they prefer them over other helmets.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
crashin wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
its simple really

the more expensive your bike and riding gear, the faster u go, its just a fact of life
oh wait, they just look cool and people are posers

That's a pretty unfair assumption to make, concidering people may have spend months saving for one because they prefer them over other helmets.

lol i know not everyones a poser
but theres no point saving for a helmet
my mate did that with a giro remedy, chose to save up for a month, bought it, 2 weeks later crashed
and the cost of the crash replacement was the same as the other helmet hed looked at

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
sykesy wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
accuaky i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cuzin is sponserd by them for mx racing

well i was making a generalisation, there are of course exceptions to this, but then looking at the bikes you own you do look like a rich kid anyway, also for future reference 'accuaky' is spelt actually, 'cuzin' is spelt cousin,and 'sponserd' is spelt sponsored.

yeah and spelt is a hardy variety of wheat of inferior quality, sometimes grown in mountainous regions. Latin name: Triticum spelta

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
So, Troy Lees

- Very Expensive
- Very Stylish
- Very Little Protection
- Very Common

Don't buy one unless you like being concussed and being knocked out.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
F4RM3R wrote:
So, Troy Lees

- Very Expensive
- Very Stylish
- Very Little Protection
- Very Common

Don't buy one unless you like being concussed and being knocked out.

they have average protection
id say deffo less than a giro remedy though
probs not that much more than a specialized deviant

Mod
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
All helmets in North America are strictly regulated and have the same stringent safety standards set out by the independent testing facility. I have no idea how one can say "x helmet" offers more protection than "y helmet" when they both have the same safety stamp on them and meet the same stringent guidelines.

This is not just a North American standard either. Europe has the same standards too.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
This thread offends me. I bought mine because it fits so nice, and the warranty is the best. Not only dose it offend me by saying "rich kids wear them" because i bought mine with my own money. But it bothers me most that your actually trying to compare helmets. Troy Lee is expensive becuase its one of the best. Looks, feel, light, and performance. So everybody. STFU.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
All helmets in North America are strictly regulated and have the same stringent safety standards set out by the independent testing facility. I have no idea how one can say "x helmet" offers more protection than "y helmet" when they both have the same safety stamp on them and meet the same stringent guidelines.

This is not just a North American standard either. Europe has the same standards too.

yeh they do but sometimes if you look more closely youll see some helmets have more awards than others

Mod
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
The only helmets I can think of that have a higher safety rating than all the mainstream brands (Fox, TLD, THE, Giro, Bell, Six Six One, etc.) is Dainese. In addition to that, the only helmets that have a "higher" standard than mountainbike helmets are those that can be used for moto too. However, all the mainstream brands conform to the same safety standards as one another.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The only helmets I can think of that have a higher safety rating than all the mainstream brands (Fox, TLD, THE, Giro, Bell, Six Six One, etc.) is Dainese. In addition to that, the only helmets that have a "higher" standard than mountainbike helmets are those that can be used for moto too. However, all the mainstream brands conform to the same safety standards as one another.

i dunno about dh helmets that much but ive deffo seen quite a few different standards some conform to
but with road helmets ive see a super light weight one conforming only to CE whereas some of the lowerend heavier ones have another rating i cnt remember lol

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
BigRidah wrote:
This thread offends me. I bought mine because it fits so nice, and the warranty is the best. Not only dose it offend me by saying "rich kids wear them" because i bought mine with my own money. But it bothers me most that your actually trying to compare helmets. Troy Lee is expensive becuase its one of the best. Looks, feel, light, and performance. So everybody. STFU.
so true, i bought mine with MY OWN MONEY THAT I WORKED HARD FOR. i bought the tld because it was the only helmet yo fit my awkward fitting head.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
the only haters are people who cant afford them

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
k so, out of all the people hating on troy lees, i can garuantee almost all of them have never tried them, so be quite

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
k so, out of all the people hating on troy lees, i can garuantee almost all of them have never tried them, so be quite

+1, they are by far the best, super comfy and look shit hot.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
i ride troy lee helmets but only because they free.. it hurts so much when i hit my head compared to my old giro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023383
Mobile Version of Website