Specialized Enduro 650b Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Enduro 650b Thread
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 14:59 Quote
rocko1982 wrote:
I've just ordered my s works enduro frame, going for a dream build too. Frame doesn't arrive until end of Jan. opinions welcomed.

Parts so far

2015 Fox 36 floats
Mavic Crossmax enduro wts
XTR cranks
XTR shifter
XTR mech
XTR 10spd cassette
Renthal carbon bars
Renthal apex stem (not bought, need to pick size)
Shimano Zee brakes, 180mm rotors
SDG Bel air 2 Ti Seat
ODI Grips
Shimano Saint pedals or some straitline ones I have from my last bike
Ti springs 32t narrow wide
Killer build, it would be intresting to see how the 36 stacks up to the pike, and intresting you went with the xtr in the first place and then matched it with zee brakes. Are you also getting a cassete expander?

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 15:24 Quote
I had pikes on my last bike and just thought the 36's looked a bit better, I very much doubt I will notice them working better. Like I said, I have zee brakes from my last bike, I'd just bought them so thought I might as well keep them. Everything else is new.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
Got all my parts, unpacking only a few, still waiting on the frame
Bike parts arrived
  Bike parts arrived!
Wheels
  Wheels!!
Bars and stem
  Bars and stem!!
Pike
  Pike!!
Brake discs
  Brake discs!
Hope brakes
  Hope brakes
Calipers
  Calipers
Cassete
  Cassete
Saints
  Saints!

BTW asking for your opinion, should I desticker the stans rims or just leave them the way they are? And do you know if i have to buy like a star nut for the fork or a crown race? This is my firt build.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 14:27 Quote
My pike came with a star nut in the service bag, and I'm pretty sure a headset will be included with the frame (which will have a crown race).

On another note, I de-stickered my stans rims and I like the look much better now. No recent pictures though.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 0:15 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
My pike came with a star nut in the service bag, and I'm pretty sure a headset will be included with the frame (which will have a crown race).

On another note, I de-stickered my stans rims and I like the look much better now. No recent pictures though.

Alright, thanks a lot for the replySmile

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 11:45 Quote

Mine has arrived.

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
rocko1982 wrote:

Mine has arrived.

Wow! That looks real nice. Im also switching to a 36 and im sending the pike back. I am also planing to get custom purple frame decals to match the purple parts. Any thoughts?

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
Yeah the decals would tie in well but they are laqured on so you will have to stick them over. Only been out once on it and it's my first ride on the bigger wheel size but it felt great. Still need to play about with a few shock settings. The 36 forks are really solid.

I don't really like the command post compared to the reverb. I made the mistake of removing the cable from the frame, it was nearly impossible to route it through again.

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
rocko1982 wrote:
Yeah the decals would tie in well but they are laqured on so you will have to stick them over. Only been out once on it and it's my first ride on the bigger wheel size but it felt great. Still need to play about with a few shock settings. The 36 forks are really solid.

I don't really like the command post compared to the reverb. I made the mistake of removing the cable from the frame, it was nearly impossible to route it through again.

If im getting the decals i will have to put them on top but othewise im still waiting for the frame. Glad to hear your enjoying your new bike hope mine turns out well. I am planning a reverb as a future upgrade.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 14:25 Quote
what length fork did you put on your Enduro? I'm considering getting a 36 170mm since the sagged A2C will only be about 5mm taller than the pike. I'm also running a custom tuned monarch plus rear that is fantastic so changing forks will no longer match color wise and brand.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
You can drop the 36 down to 160, that's what I did.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 19:41 Quote
Why not get a 180float and drop to 160 for everything except bike park days?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2015 at 0:11 Quote
Was only thinking of going 170 for the extra travel at similar a2c. If I was running 160 I would rather keep my Pike. I think 180 would raise the already too tall bottom bracket more than I would like.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
photo

Satrting in wednesday

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030115
Mobile Version of Website