magura mt6
shimano xtr
avid elixir 9 trail

thanks!
without a doubt shimano XTR are easily the best on your list

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 0:30 Quote
Xtr no competition

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 18:35 Quote
Look at SRAM Guide RSC....just put them on my 2014 Specialized Enduro comp......no fade good modulation.

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 18:48 Quote
Don't know what others think about Avids,but my advice is to not get them.
I have the Elixir CR's and they are awful.SRAM really should get their act together with their brake section.
XTR all the way.

And I have not heard the three guys I know with that model of Magura's say a bad word about them.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 23:39 Quote
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
I have the Elixir CR's and they are awful.SRAM really should get their act together with their brake section.
XTR all the way.

And I have not heard the three guys I know with that model of Magura's say a bad word about them.
i have a hard time trusting anything that isnt made by shimano or hope because of dangerous failures by avids and hayes Confused

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
efornwald wrote:
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
XTR all the way.

i have a hard time trusting anything that isnt made by shimano or hope because of dangerous failures by avids and hayes Confused

Good shout.
Hayes Strokers tended to boil and were very badly constructed.

Hope components however, never let you down.

My go to guys for a lot of things.

Incidently,I stripped all my Hope stuff off my old bike,and put it away for my next ride.
Regardless of what will come on it.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 20:25 Quote
Hopes are quite expensive but you do get lightweight and amazing performance for them brakes. not to mention wonderful construction and lovely anodizing.

I'd go XTR. powerful and reliable brakes.

the guides are looking promising though so i guess that's worth a look and the price is competitive enough for a double check.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 20:37 Quote
Of the ones on your list, undeniably the XTRs.

However I would try and push you to the Hope E4s. Shimano is known for a very on/off feel to their brakes, despite having massive amounts of power. However, Hope brakes have some of the best modulation out there, which equates to an overall more useful brake on the trail. What good is power if you can't control it?

Hope products in general are incredibly reliable marvels of engineering. There's a reason Hope hubs are pretty much auto go-to's for many people.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 22:31 Quote
XTR all the way shimano's reliabilty is unmatched. They are also silent when it comes brake noise.

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
Hope e4's I love mine!

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 19:23 Quote
I have the Hopes too and they are amazing and the Evo tech levers with all the adjustments you have the perfect reach and pad bite contact point and being a mechanic to the are the easiest to bleed as well.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
remedyslasher wrote:
I have the Hopes too and they are amazing and the Evo tech levers with all the adjustments you have the perfect reach and pad bite contact point and being a mechanic to the are the easiest to bleed as well.

not all appreciate it, but as a fellow mechanic, any product that is easy to service gets instant bonus points in my books

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011786
Mobile Version of Website