Norco repair time

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco repair time
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 17:39 Quote
I bought a Norco Range alloy 7.2 about six mouths ago, and I really like it but after a hillclimb the right rear top tube for the rear trangle sheared at the weld. so I took it to my local bike shop which has been great. But unfortunately its been 1 and a half mouths now and my shop does not have the parts. Norco keeps telling me the parts
are coming in any day but my bikes still in the shop. I wish Norco would step it up and give me a frame or soming because I'm trying to train for a few races this summer in northern california.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
Man... I'm sorry, dude. Same thing happened to me on my 2014 Norco Range alloy 7.1 and it's a bummer. I really loved the bike and the enduro season has just begun here in OH and I was out on a pretty standard ride when I found I had a huge crack on the seat stay right in front of the weld just like what you're describing. Norco hasn't been helpful at all, especially since I bought it used... but I feel like this is more of a problem with their design or Al quality. The closest Norco dealer to me is 5 hours away, but I'll probably still take it in to see what they say.

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
I have a 2014 Sight aluminum.I was out for a pretty typical trail ride yesterday and my rear triangle cracked in two at the weld on the cassette side of the seatstay. That made for a long walk out.

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 3:57 Quote
Bummer dude. UPDATE on my deal: I had my LBS that isn't a Norco dealer call Norco and they got much better treatment and we managed to order the rear triangle part (seatstay in my case) that I needed. It ran me ~94 USD with free priority shipping. I hope you guys have luck getting your rigs whole again. Too bad Norco doesn't rep their bikes better.

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
Prophet-eer wrote:
Bummer dude. UPDATE on my deal: I had my LBS that isn't a Norco dealer call Norco and they got much better treatment and we managed to order the rear triangle part (seatstay in my case) that I needed. It ran me ~94 USD with free priority shipping. I hope you guys have luck getting your rigs whole again. Too bad Norco doesn't rep their bikes better.

I had a different model to yours but...

My local Norco dealer ended up giving me a rear end from a display bike the third time my chainstays snapped.
Both previous times i got a rear end pretty quick though and never any charge.

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 16:32 Quote
Just happened last weekend:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://ryanmatze.com/norco.jpg

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 7:57 Quote
Yep! That's a bad weld for sure. Norco should honestly issue a recall as this structural weakness could be pretty dangerous. I bought one through my LBS from Norco even though they aren't a dealer. Still, I feel like this is a bigger problem than each of our individual woes.
photo

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
I just got word that Norco doesn't have any small parts (seat stay) to process the warranty so they are sending me a 2015 Alu 7.1 frame. My question...will the new frame have the same issue??

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
rmatze wrote:
I just got word that Norco doesn't have any small parts (seat stay) to process the warranty so they are sending me a 2015 Alu 7.1 frame. My question...will the new frame have the same issue??

Man I hope Norco does the right thing and take care of the problem if a recall is required.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
photo
Mine was replaced no questions asked. No charge. The LBS gave me a free loaner for the week while we waited for the part.
Trailbicycles in Courtenay best shop in town!

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
I have cracked my norco sight 7.1 frame at the exact same place and my norco retailer keeps telling me that it will be any day now when the parts to fix it arrive. It has been almost 5 weeks since i cracked my frame.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
You to need to tell the shop to get moving. Mine took 2.5 weeks for a whole new frame.

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 20:00 Quote
Hmmm....seen many threads on many mtb sites talking about norco sight frame breakages on swing arms 2013, 2014, 2015 ...Looks like a common issue that requires a full recall. That's a real safety issue and manufacturing/design issue that needs to be fixed. Not to mention fact people are spending thousands of dollars on these things.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 17:01 Quote
photo

photo

Posting for more awareness. Norco NEEDS to RECALL these bikes. This is the REPLACEMENT that I BOUGHT (I bought the bike secondhand originally) from Norco the first time this broke (above).

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 7:06 Quote
samen problem with mine.

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022972
Mobile Version of Website