2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 2:32 Quote
I'm looking to buy a vivid coil for my reign 2 2016 next week, what spring rate should I get? I'm 72/73 kg fully equipped. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 3:23 Quote
tiagofernandex wrote:
I'm looking to buy a vivid coil for my reign 2 2016 next week, what spring rate should I get? I'm 72/73 kg fully equipped. Thanks!

400lb.

Seriously, though. Google "spring rate calculator" and go to Cane Creek's version. All you need to know.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 3:30 Quote
Here's my Reign 1.5 LTD 2017.

Upgrades:
- replaced the standard shitty dropper lever with a Wolf tooth remote
- replaced the standard rubber (Big Grin ) with Schwalbe Addix tyres (tubeless)
- XT brakes replaced for Saint's
- replace the shifter for an ispec b version to match with the Saints

Colours IRL are more bright as they appear on picture.

photo

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
tiagofernandex wrote:

400lb.

Seriously, though. Google "spring rate calculator" and go to Cane Creek's version. All you need to know.

Thanks man! I did that, but this calculatores are accurate? The characteristics of the bike doesn't influence?

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 5:37 Quote
tiagofernandex wrote:
cptmayhem wrote:
tiagofernandex wrote:

400lb.

Thanks man! I did that, but this calculatores are accurate? The characteristics of the bike doesn't influence?

Weight, travel, sag and shock length. Those determine the rate and the leverage ratio. The frame characteristics determine whether a coil will be a good shock to fit.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
twijg wrote:
Here's my Reign 1.5 LTD 2017.

Upgrades:
- replaced the standard shitty dropper lever with a Wolf tooth remote
- replaced the standard rubber (Big Grin ) with Schwalbe Addix tyres (tubeless)
- XT brakes replaced for Saint's
- replace the shifter for an ispec b version to match with the Saints

Colours IRL are more bright as they appear on picture.

photo

That looks sweet! I wish I had that color option when I was buying mine, but I'm still happy with it anyway.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
I think I'm mostly done with adding parts and getting it set up the way I want now:

2017 Reign 2 XL

Race Face Atlas 35mm length stem and 35mm diameter 35mm rise bars. All the 35s!!!
Chromag Trailmaster DT saddle. Damn you Chromag for slightly mismatched color!
DHF/HRII 2.5/2.4 3C tire combo, orange seal tubeless setup. To quote another member: "Those performance compound Hans Dampfs were ok on hard dirt, but then I hit some rocks and roots and thought I was going to die."
Fire Eye Broil pedals.
ODI Grips

Interested to see how much it weighs, but I don't have a scale handy.

photo

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
Firehawk989 wrote:
I think I'm mostly done with adding parts and getting it set up the way I want now:

2017 Reign 2 XL

Race Face Atlas 35mm length stem and 35mm diameter 35mm rise bars. All the 35s!!!
DHF/HRII 2.5/2.4 3C tire combo, orange seal tubeless setup. To quote another member: "Those performance compound Hans Dampfs were ok on hard dirt, but then I hit some rocks and roots and thought I was going to die."
Fire Eye Broil pedals.
ODI Grips

..I]

Nice!

The slightly mismatched highlight colors of my Chromag saddle eventually gave me an eye twitch, so I took some solvent and rubbed them off.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 10:13 Quote
tiagofernandex wrote:
cptmayhem wrote:
tiagofernandex wrote:

400lb.

I always preferred this one
https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

Anyway it's always a starting point, you may decide you want one up or one down.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 10:54 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

2017 Reign 2 XL

Fire Eye Broil pedals.
ODI Grips

..I]

Nice!

The slightly mismatched highlight colors of my Chromag saddle eventually gave me an eye twitch, so I took some solvent and rubbed them off.

Yea I may go that route if I also get an eye twitch. Which solvent did you use?

Only thing I have left now I think is to tame those unnecessarily long cables up front.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Firehawk989 wrote:

Yea I may go that route if I also get an eye twitch. Which solvent did you use?

I used denatured alcohol, but I'm no solvent expert it was just what I had on hand.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 6:41 Quote
how do you find the DHF/HRII 2.5/2.4 3C tire combo? I was thinking this but wondering if the stock rims were wide enough?

Mrbeau wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

2017 Reign 2 XL

Fire Eye Broil pedals.
ODI Grips

..I]

Nice!

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 6:44 Quote
ashfuel wrote:
how do you find the DHF/HRII 2.5/2.4 3C tire combo? I was thinking this but wondering if the stock rims were wide enough?

Mrbeau wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

2017 Reign 2 XL

Fire Eye Broil pedals.
ODI Grips

..I]

Nice!

Considering that several EWS & DH pros run them on 25mm rims I'd say that that is a healthy yes. Wider rims just make them better than they would be on the 25s. In my opinion

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
Just ordered a medium Reign 2 2017! I haven't had a bike in about 5 years and my first fully too. Got an absolute steal at £1999 from Tredz.

edit. How bad are the Hans Dampfs on roots/rocks like you'd find at Coed y Brenin? Heading there for a weekend in a few weeks and don't want to die haha!

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
HarryStenner94 wrote:
Just ordered a medium Reign 2 2017! I haven't had a bike in about 5 years and my first fully too. Got an absolute steal at £1999 from Tredz.

edit. How bad are the Hans Dampfs on roots/rocks like you'd find at Coed y Brenin? Heading there for a weekend in a few weeks and don't want to die haha!

The hans is okay as a rear tire but id be getting a new front tire asap

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017038
Mobile Version of Website