2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 14:36 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
reignmaker69 wrote:
Looking at a new Wheel set for the reign. whats rims would you guys recommend that are light and strong in alloy?

Cheer fellow fizzer's

Stans Flow MK3.

Pretty much anything by spank

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 23:24 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
reignmaker69 wrote:
Looking at a new Wheel set for the reign. whats rims would you guys recommend that are light and strong in alloy?

Cheer fellow fizzer's

Stans Flow MK3.

Stans for sure.

I’ve got a set of Arch MK3’s on my reign, annoying I put a small dent in the rear last week meaning it’s difficult to seat the tyre tubeless now

Had I gone for the Flows instead they might’ve stood up a bit better to that big nasty rock I decided to plough into...

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 0:47 Quote
reignmaker69 wrote:

Cheer fellow fizzer's

I went for Spank Spike Race33. You cant keep your stock spokes as the rims have same ERD. You will need a longer spokes for Stans.

BTW, my stok giant rims have lasted for 2 years and was finaly dented a mounth ago. No big jumps, though. They also seems to be pretty light, around 490g per rim.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 2:48 Quote
Been riding the hope enduro wheelset for around a year. No complaints.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
go for DT Swiss rims in whatever width you like. you'll never regret

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
PashtetOd wrote:
go for DT Swiss rims in whatever width you like. you'll never regret

This. I keep saying this.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
ALSORAN wrote:
DT Swiss ex471

This. So much this.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
I'm about to rebuild my bike. I have two reign frames. I have an alloy and a carbon. I'm going to raw the alloy then build it up. While I'm riding it I am going to raw the carbon frame then build that up once I'm bored of the alloy. Might post some pics if you guys are interested??

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
I'm about to rebuild my bike. I have two reign frames. I have an alloy and a carbon. I'm going to raw the alloy then build it up. While I'm riding it I am going to raw the carbon frame then build that up once I'm bored of the alloy. Might post some pics if you guys are interested??

Yes! Show me

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 19:59 Quote
Hope tech are awesome and great pricing.

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 3:03 Quote
smobytoe wrote:

Always

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 3:06 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
ALSORAN wrote:
DT Swiss ex471

This. So much this.

When I need new wheels they will be DT Swiss EX471 laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 5:14 Quote
Ok guys. I will figure out how to post pics and get busy-ish. Hope you chaps are patient. Will show my build as is and the progress.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018147
Mobile Version of Website