Schwalbe TL-Ready vs new TL-Easy?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Schwalbe TL-Ready vs new TL-Easy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 2:48 Quote
Was looking to buy a Schwalbe tyre and noticed the same 2 tyres but one was Tubeless Ready and cheaper priced, and the other Tubeless Easy and more money.
Tubeless Easy is the replacement for Tubeless Ready.

So whats the technical difference?..(please don't state the obvious that one is TL-Ready and the other TL-Easy)

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
TL Easy is Schwalbe's replacement for TL-Ready so the TL-R tyre is likely old stock. I've just received some TL-Easy Schwalbes and the bumpf still refers to TL-Ready. Not tried to mount them yet as they were delivered a week late and had to raid the LBS for tyres, but found the older TL-Rs easy to inflate tubeless on Stans Flows.

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
maccduff wrote:
TL Easy is Schwalbe's replacement for TL-Ready so the TL-R tyre is likely old stock. I've just received some TL-Easy Schwalbes and the bumpf still refers to TL-Ready. Not tried to mount them yet as they were delivered a week late and had to raid the LBS for tyres, but found the older TL-Rs easy to inflate tubeless on Stans Flows.

Ok cool, if you ever get to mount your new TL-Easy tyres it would be great to hear back from you how they compare to the TL-Ready..

Cheers, thanks.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
Just fitted the HD TL-easy and it was ok as tubeless fittings go. Tyre mounted up easy without stress to the thumbs though took a bit of effort with the floor pump and soapy water to get the beads to seat. I'm only running a single layer of thin tubeless rim tape so maybe thicker tape would have helped.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011362
Mobile Version of Website