Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:18 Quote
My school is 2 stories, so I cant. Though my radio/tv production teacher has a studio, so I can lock it in there if needed

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:20 Quote
hanley wrote:
My school is 2 stories, so I cant. Though my radio/tv production teacher has a studio, so I can lock it in there if needed

My school is three, whats your point?

Hike it up the stairs! It's really not hard...haha

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:21 Quote
nishnash wrote:
hanley wrote:

My school is three, whats your point?

Hike it up the stairs! It's really not hard...haha
Also,my school is sketchy. Someone would either A. run into me or B. steal it while going up the stairs

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 5:43 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Lewis2701 wrote:
matt-p wrote:
on the second last day of school of middle school, i brouht my bike to school, but i forgot to bring a lock, so what i did is that i actually brought it into all my classes, teacher sent me to the principal's office cause i wouldnt leave it outside, so i went and took the bike with me too! told the princial that im not leaving a 1300 bike outisde without a lock, so he didnt care and i brought it in classes with me. during lunch, i was doin laps in the hallways!!

total ballshit

nah, i bite, except for maybe the hallway laps part.

School in North America (specifically the west coast) is way less.....formal, than in European/Commonwealth countries (yes I realize Canada is commonwealth, it's one of the exemptions)
yeah you havnt been to an australian public school have you? you would never say that it was 'formal'. ive had my bike in my engineering and design and technology classes and on the way in/out i pop little wallrides in the hall lol left a nice tyre mark about waist height once Razz

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 20:50 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
nishnash wrote:
Lewis2701 wrote:

total ballshit

nah, i bite, except for maybe the hallway laps part.

School in North America (specifically the west coast) is way less.....formal, than in European/Commonwealth countries (yes I realize Canada is commonwealth, it's one of the exemptions)
yeah you havnt been to an australian public school have you? you would never say that it was 'formal'. ive had my bike in my engineering and design and technology classes and on the way in/out i pop little wallrides in the hall lol left a nice tyre mark about waist height once Razz

Actually I went to a private Austrailian school for a bit. Thats rad that you can goof around on you're ride a bit!

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 0:26 Quote
yeah and then there was the time during a class for a 'photography assignment' ( Wink ) i got a mate out of class to ride street around the school. teachers couldnt do anything about it either since we had permission haha

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 15:05 Quote
i rode to school today on my new bike, locked it and it was all okay. My mates dont even bother locking there £700+ bikes up at school! cctv Wink

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 15:06 Quote
bowgy wrote:
i rode to school today on my new bike, locked it and it was all okay. My mates dont even bother locking there £700+ bikes up at school! cctv Wink

Tell them to stop being idiots and lock up their bikes. Srsly.

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
my simple answer to the question of this thread, is no i would not cos if i did it would just get trashed or stolen.

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bowgy wrote:

Yeh, they should lock them, all it takes is for someone to wear a hoody/hat to walk into school and grab them :/ knowing our school the cctv is going to be worst on market! its quite fun to ride in school, done a hop over a speedhump and got cs for it :/

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 15:13 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
Like the title says. Is it worth going to school on a expensive DH bike?
no.

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
lol cctv isnt going to deter someone who is after a new bike

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 at 5:48 Quote
yeah like the police would bother to go around looking for the guy. once a bike is stolen the chances of getting it back are slim to none. im waiting until i can afford a nice D-lock for my bike until i think about riding it to tafe. there is a lot of street around there so im very tempted to. luckily the college is patrolled by security guards and is a very small college (about 250 people) so stealing a bike that has a proper lock is very unlikely, especially since you have to walk right into the middle of the college to get to the bike rack, which is a proper 2" diameter tube not those wimpy little trianglular peices of crap

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 at 8:22 Quote
im close enough to walk there in about 15mins, might as well not bother with worrying about my bike all day when i can use my feet Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 19:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bowgy wrote:

couldn't agree more...the ONLY place i leave my bike unlocked is in front of my local TIm Hortons....always crowds of people there....and the regulars know me and my bike....as well as the employees....and I've always got an eye on it through the windows...and then i go back out and sit with my bike and drink my coffee

Hell I wouldn't even leave my Wal-mart special bike unlocked at school....I did once...and it was gone...i regret not locking it up...i didn't lock it up because I forgot my lock at home...and I was gonna be late for class as it was...and school is a 15 min ride from home.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011015
Mobile Version of Website