Tyres !

• Next Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
TheFreney wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:

What you mean from a bike shop?, surely you can order one of the interweb?

I actually don't buy off the internet especially tyres, a lad in Ireland got a Magic Mary and all the knobs on the tyre were all pointing to one side lol, it was bought off bike components.de, and also im using the new Enve rims and they can be hard to get a tyre to sit on the rim so i generally fit the tyre myself but let the bike shop just get the compressor at it.

Thats unlucky about the tyre, but I'm sure in that case they would pay for the return postage costs. I know it's just annoying having to return something especially if you need it right away. Just bought a tyre from there myself and it was a fair bit cheaper than the same tyre I purchased in the UK, it was £17 cheaper.

Not sure what you mean exactly about not being able to get the tyre to sit on rim?, do you mean for tubeless or you just couldn't get the bead to seat fully...

The rims can only hold up to 45psi, so they need a lot of air fast to seat the bead. Some tyres seat fine with a floor pump like the Magic Mary and hans dampf but the HR2s didn't seat with the floor pump.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
TheFreney wrote:

I actually don't buy off the internet especially tyres, a lad in Ireland got a Magic Mary and all the knobs on the tyre were all pointing to one side lol, it was bought off bike components.de, and also im using the new Enve rims and they can be hard to get a tyre to sit on the rim so i generally fit the tyre myself but let the bike shop just get the compressor at it.

Thats unlucky about the tyre, but I'm sure in that case they would pay for the return postage costs. I know it's just annoying having to return something especially if you need it right away. Just bought a tyre from there myself and it was a fair bit cheaper than the same tyre I purchased in the UK, it was £17 cheaper.

Not sure what you mean exactly about not being able to get the tyre to sit on rim?, do you mean for tubeless or you just couldn't get the bead to seat fully...

The rims can only hold up to 45psi, so they need a lot of air fast to seat the bead. Some tyres seat fine with a floor pump like the Magic Mary and hans dampf but the HR2s didn't seat with the floor pump.

Ok, I get you now..tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010919
Mobile Version of Website