Canyon Torque DHX opinions

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Torque DHX opinions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
Hey guys, anyone got or ridden this bike? Thinking seriously about getting one.

I ride a 50/50 mix of full on DH (fort william/glencoe) and tight, technical slower local forest trails with tight rut corners, roots, rocks etc, so i need something reasonably nimble and agile, but can also take some serious abuse in the summer on the DH tracks.

Opinions would be great! Thanks!!

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
Don't buy it if you want to ride on technical terrain. I've got playzone 2014 and it's stiffer than etc. Scott Gambler, Demo. DHX's geo is more for jumps than roots n rocks.

But maybe it's my soft ass that is complaining or rs kage is just sh*t Big Grin

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
LukaszStachowiak wrote:
Don't buy it if you want to ride on technical terrain. I've got playzone 2014 and it's stiffer than etc. Scott Gambler, Demo. DHX's geo is more for jumps than roots n rocks.

Cheers!

Hey thanks, i'm not looking to ride jumps, so thats not great, could it just be your spring's too hard?

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
Roo197 wrote:
LukaszStachowiak wrote:

Cheers!

Hey thanks, i'm not looking to ride jumps, so thats not great, could it just be your spring's too hard?

Size L comes with 450lbs spring, which is said to be perfect for 75-80kg rider, but i'm 85kg with gear (still sitting at 30% sag).
Never ridden that frame with CCDB, so maybe it's just the feeling of Kage? Actually this is my first DH bike, so i can't really tell, but i've expected it to be more plush. Before I bought DHX I've been riding friend's gambler 'n demo few times, both had fox van if I'm correct. They seemed to be way more plush.

Ask your local riders if they know anyone riding DHX with CCDB.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
LukaszStachowiak wrote:
Roo197 wrote:
LukaszStachowiak wrote:

Cheers!

Size L comes with 450lbs spring, which is said to be perfect for 75-80kg rider, but i'm 85kg with gear (still sitting at 30% sag).
Never ridden that frame with CCDB, so maybe it's just the feeling of Kage? Actually this is my first DH bike, so i can't really tell, but i've expected it to be more plush. Before I bought DHX I've been riding friend's gambler 'n demo few times, both had fox van if I'm correct. They seemed to be way more plush.

Ask your local riders if they know anyone riding DHX with CCDB.

Okay, good handling in the roughness is pretty important, as i ride fort william haha, thanks anyway. More opinions would be great guys!

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
Just get the damn thing if you like it´s spec. Don´t waste time you could spend riding Wink
It´s a great bike and fits your requirements.

Regarding Lukasz´s problems i´d assume user error.
Take testimonys from inexperienced users with a grain of salt. Most likely it´s just a setup issue, wrong spring or something else like that.
The one i tested was very plush, even with an entry level shock (don´t remember which shock it was, sry).
I assume with any high end shock the bike would work even better.

If you want another recommendation --> Solid Strike
fantastic bike, great price, company is great to deal with.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009434
Mobile Version of Website