The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 16:44 Quote
Lipbraga wrote:
This clicking sound in my Sanction was providen by the One Up chainguide, scraping the frame and links.... I mount with a little grease and then the noise disappeared.

Well it wasn't the dog bone or my cassette, I have the one up guide so I'll give this a shot tomorrow????

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 22:37 Quote
Casey23 wrote:
Lipbraga wrote:
This clicking sound in my Sanction was providen by the One Up chainguide, scraping the frame and links.... I mount with a little grease and then the noise disappeared.

Well it wasn't the dog bone or my cassette, I have the one up guide so I'll give this a shot tomorrow????

Try removing main povit pin and lightly grease all parts that contact. Make sure you torque and breakable loctite the pinch bolts.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
so glad i got my sanction i no u need to keep on top of em maintainence wise but the things a animal on the decents. 2018's gunna b a good one

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 1:00 Quote
gconlon08 wrote:
so glad i got my sanction i no u need to keep on top of em maintainence wise but the things a animal on the decents. 2018's gunna b a good one

They are epic when the trail points down to be fair

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 1:01 Quote
VitSan wrote:
New Wyn Masters Fury?? Seen at the Oceania championships, New Zeland.
Will the future Sanction also follow this line??

photo

photo

Sorry but that is ugly hahahahahah I understand why the chain needs to go over the pivot but just like commencal it looks really ugly imo

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 9:52 Quote
VitSan wrote:

photo

photo

If they change the fury, I would imagine the sanction would follow. The whole idea of the sanction was to make a scaled down DH bike.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
whippy-woolley wrote:
VitSan wrote:

photo

photo

Sorry but that is ugly hahahahahah I understand why the chain needs to go over the pivot but just like commencal it looks really ugly imo

Man I think it looks great! I dig the chain guides over the pivots though haha

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 2:42 Quote
NicolaB wrote:
photo

Any issues with your dogbone? I've just made a new Dogbone linkage upgrade made with four sealed bearings and inox steel aisi 316 and aluminium spacers! It works very well! I tested it in some rough conditions and no problems! Message me for any Info!

I would not use steel for the dogbone it is possible that you damage the frame which is aluminium but the bearings seem to be a good choice.....

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
Casey23 wrote:
Carapau wrote:
Hi people!

My GT Sanction Pro 2017 with a few upgrades.

I already changed the Brakes for Shimano XT and rotors as well. These SRAM blow up under the sun in the summer.

photo

That color looks sick! Good upgrade, I went with the xt's as well.

Hey cool one.... I noticed you have the mavic quest xl on the rear. How do you find it?

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 0:44 Quote
Hi people! I got a 2017 GT Sanction Comp, and i have some questions.
In the end of April i am going to mountains. So i am worried about the dogbone problems. It's hard enough to find spare dogbone and bushings in Russia, ordering it from abroad is expensive. I think my LBS will have it in stock in the beginning of summer. Here is the qustion - is it ok to go for a 10-day mountain tour without these spare parts?

Another queation is about the brakes. I have Sram Guide R and i know sometimes there is an issue with stuck piston. Is it somehow possible to know if brakes are defective before my vacation?

photo

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 2:17 Quote
DirtVader wrote:
Hi people! I got a 2018 GT Sanction Comp, and i have some questions.
In the end of April i am going to mountains. So i am worried about the dogbone problems. It's hard enough to find spare dogbone and bushings in Russia, ordering it from abroad is expensive. I think my LBS will have it in stock in the beginning of summer. Here is the qustion - is it ok to go for a 10-day mountain tour without these spare parts?

Another queation is about the brakes. I have Sram Guide R and i know sometimes there is an issue with stuck piston. Is it somehow possible to know if brakes are defective before my vacation?

photo

Read above! There is no real dogbone problems, only after long period of usage especially in wet condition, you have brand new bike, just ride it! Some guys noticed some clicking sound, but it wasn't the dogbone. You have to clean this part time to time. Just check that all screws are fixed, or you may have problems as I had check the page:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=167811&pagenum=11

About brakes, I'm riding the same brakes as you do, also during 2 seasons, it still in good condition, and I broke one lever in Mountains last season it was fixed in bike park directly. But friend of mine he had problem with these brakes, I don't know what recommend you, shit happens =) Buy Magura MT5 if you afraid about it.
Расслабся байк збс, иди и катай. Поздравляю с покупкой!

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 3:34 Quote
i had a creeky clicking noise the other week on my new sanction turned out to b seat rails sprayed some gt85 in and its sorted em running silent now. and greased the rear shock bolt on the bit that passes through the shock not tge treads coz that was dry

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
DirtVader wrote:
Hi people! I got a 2017 GT Sanction Comp, and i have some questions.

photo

The problem with guide brakes is once they get hot, the piston in the lever swells and sticks. Once they cool off the open back up. It's not a problem on all of them. Sram will send you a free replacement with a slightly smaller piston. Or you can pull the piston out yourself and lightly sand it down just a hair and eliminate the problem just the same. This is what we did on my other bike with guide brakes. But I wouldn't worry with it if it is not sticking.

Also like stated above, you don't need extra links with you. Just go ride!

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
dose anyone no the codes for the bearings in the pivots on the gt sanction

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022491
Mobile Version of Website