Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
Anyone know if you can get a 4 bolt adapter to use a 4 bolt single chainring with Turbine cinch cranks.

I have seen an adaptor but I'm not sure if that's for a double chainring set up only.

I was thinking can I use my 4 bolt chainrings that I have first. I can't seem to find out the answer, can't find the adaptor I think I'd need and can't see any pictures of people doing it.

Smile

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
Yes, Race Face does offer an adaptor that will allow you to run a four bolt, 104 BCD single ring. It's mainly designed to allow riders to run multiple chainrings with a front derailleur, but by removing the little ring and the spacer it sits on you'll be able to run a single ring. However, at almost $60 USD it's a bit pricey, and although I suppose it depends how many 4 bolt rings you have laying around, I'd be tempted to skip purchasing the adaptor and pick up a direct mount narrow wide ring instead. It'll save you a few grams, and it looks a lot cleaner as well.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 19:39 Quote
mikekazimer wrote:
Yes, Race Face does offer an adaptor that will allow you to run a four bolt, 104 BCD single ring. It's mainly designed to allow riders to run multiple chainrings with a front derailleur, but by removing the little ring and the spacer it sits on you'll be able to run a single ring. However, at almost $60 USD it's a bit pricey, and although I suppose it depends how many 4 bolt rings you have laying around, I'd be tempted to skip purchasing the adaptor and pick up a direct mount narrow wide ring instead. It'll save you a few grams, and it looks a lot cleaner as well.

There's no other place to ask this question so I'll just ask it here. How much abuse can RF next sl cranks and Next handlebars take? The new bike I'm getting is spec'd with them, and I race DH. I am planning to race Sea Otter DH and the Northstar Downhill Series. Can I trust these and not worry about them snapping?

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 17:49 Quote
I think you will get more response if you make a new thread.

But to answer your questions, race face next its not designed to so DH thing. You should use race face sixc instead.

I am not saying next its not strong, but there's a big chance it will break ir you're using it for DH.

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
Ask in the enduro weight game thread. I'll post a link. There is a guy who works at Raceface who posts there. I'm sure he'll say Next will be fine. They're a lot stronger than you think.

http://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=129057&pagenum=4687

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 10:36 Quote
My next sl broke from some dh use on my kona process 153 not alot and not in any dangerous catastrophic way just got a loud click and microscopic movement from the drive side crank. I upgraded to sixc just to be on the safe side. Given the tiny weight difference I'd go sixc for dh use that way your safe

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009505
Mobile Version of Website