Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 20:35 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
neptuak wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Forum is dead so I thought I would use it for personal entries. Besides, these in-bred back wood mother f*cker dont know how to read anything that isnt about gear ratios anyways. that is all for today.

Hey now, who are you calling in-bred?

Look up... you show him your new bike and its back to the rings. hillbillies...

Ratios and cadence bro! The gospel of MTB.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 22:52 Quote
neptuak wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Dear Diary,
Saw Nep on the trail tonight. New 29 er frame as he broke his last one missing a corner. Didn't even recognize him as he went from a yellow frame to soft baby crib death blue. weird name for a bike color, Im not sure what the enduro dept of S/C was thinking.

Yes, boyz. The Cheezwagon is no more. I rode her so hard she broke. RIP. Play with the bull, ya gonna get the horns.

photo

Santa Cruz replaced the frame right quick with their 2015 spec frame. What's not to like about that experience? Sure, my kids won't be going to university after I bought that bike, but dayum, that's service!

Well that bike is approved... blue... perfect for Enduro. Did they send a fanny pack to go with it?

PS. Sharp looking ride... show us the drive side.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 7:32 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
neptuak wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Dear Diary,
Saw Nep on the trail tonight. New 29 er frame as he broke his last one missing a corner. Didn't even recognize him as he went from a yellow frame to soft baby crib death blue. weird name for a bike color, Im not sure what the enduro dept of S/C was thinking.

Yes, boyz. The Cheezwagon is no more. I rode her so hard she broke. RIP. Play with the bull, ya gonna get the horns.

photo

Santa Cruz replaced the frame right quick with their 2015 spec frame. What's not to like about that experience? Sure, my kids won't be going to university after I bought that bike, but dayum, that's service!

Well that bike is approved... blue... perfect for Enduro. Did they send a fanny pack to go with it?

PS. Sharp looking ride... show us the drive side.

Don't over-$tep the smack talk Cheezus, you insulted just enough... He's just ashamed to show off his 2x10 XT in the Gear Ratio Thread. That would be tuff digs setting up a 2-9'er for climbing around here, you'd need a 26 toooth in the front for Dem climbs tho! This ain't your average Aluminum Trance with a complete hack job drive train mutalation. I salute you Nip&Tuck ... Keep the factory setup 2x don't do some butcher conversion like half the butchers on here have... When the time is right and the credit card is paid down, buy full XX1 drive 1x11 , 28 tooth in the front, and thank me in the morning.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 17:49 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
neptuak wrote:

..... Play with the bull, ya gonna get the horns.......What's not to like about that experience.....!

Since you asked,

You are taking your bike pictures wrong. Drive side bro, non-drive side is so hack.

It's like you've never seen a copy of MTB Action.

Pfft. Drive side doesn't show off the nice shapes of the frame. Besides, that's how I leaned it up against that rock ... and I ride a 29er, so you know how that goes.

Drivetrain deets:

In back: XT Shadow rear derailleur. XT 11-36 Cassette.

In Front: Yes, that's a 2x10. Kickin' it old school. XT front derailleur. Blackspire Twinty chain guide. WickWerks Mountain 36/22 chainrings (google them - fastest shifting chainrings ever. Made in Utah and lubricated by the tears of sister wives).

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:14 Quote
If you ever find me dead on an enduro trail just know i was murdered and dumped there by someone who doesn't understand mountain biking really is... just saying.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:15 Quote
Pretty sh*tty out there today. Air was cool, ground was to tacky and colours were dull. Wink
After a good rest I figured I'd continue up Stoned Again to see what all the hubbub is about. Nice climb. I wish Stone Free was as up friendly all the way up as it's second half is. More friendly for me anyway.
It's been awhile since I felt I was going to eat it hard on the way down. Today was the day. I hit the wet roots at speed on my Twisted Sisters decent and two wheel skated across them for 10ft. I hit the tacky dirt at the end sideways and almost bucked myself off the ride. I held on and rode it out but I thought I was going to pound ground for sure. Took a moment or two to collect myself but rode the rest out without incident. Good times in here in middle earth.

Damn that blue bike looks short in the picture. Is it a small or are they that compact?
And don't hide your 2x10. After my full pull climb up today I can say I was happy to have my 2x10 granny. Seriously considering a One Up 44T X-Cog to take the Sram cassette from 42T to 44T on the new 1x11 ride. I think I may need it for climbs like today.

Views from TS.
Just Awful.
Sucks living here.

Kal lake views from Twisted Sisters

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:18 Quote
neptuak wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
neptuak wrote:

..... Play with the bull, ya gonna get the horns.......What's not to like about that experience.....!

Since you asked,

You are taking your bike pictures wrong. Drive side bro, non-drive side is so hack.

Pfft. Drive side doesn't show off the nice shapes of the frame. Besides, that's how I leaned it up against that rock ... and I ride a 29er, so you know how that goes.

The BB shell is essentially the taint of the bicycle.,,,think of the chain ring as pants.

No one wants to see your taint..... hence the pants. .

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:38 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Pretty sh*tty out there today. Air was cool, ground was to tacky and colours were dull. Wink
After a good rest I figured I'd continue up Stoned Again to see what all the hubbub is about. Nice climb. I wish Stone Free was as up friendly all the way up as it's second half is. More friendly for me anyway.
It's been awhile since I felt I was going to eat it hard on the way down. Today was the day. I hit the wet roots at speed on my Twisted Sisters decent and two wheel skated across them for 10ft. I hit the tacky dirt at the end sideways and almost bucked myself off the ride. I held on and rode it out but I thought I was going to pound ground for sure. Took a moment or two to collect myself but rode the rest out without incident. Good times in here in middle earth.

Damn that blue bike looks short in the picture. Is it a small or are they that compact?
And don't hide your 2x10. After my full pull climb up today I can say I was happy to have my 2x10 granny. Seriously considering a One Up 44T X-Cog to take the Sram cassette from 42T to 44T on the new 1x11 ride. I think I may need it for climbs like today.

Views from TS.
Just Awful.
Sucks living here.

Why are you harassing this form with such ugly scenery?!!!!! That cruel and unusual punishment. Not a hint of enduro blue in that pic either!!!! PFfffttt.... CRAP!

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:40 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
neptuak wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Since you asked,

The BB shell is essentially the taint of the bicycle.,,,think of the chain ring as pants.

No one wants to see your taint..... hence the pants. .

Ok, man. Pass the cheetos.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Views from TS.
Just Awful.
Sucks living here.

Love that climb. All of it. Love that descent. All of it too! Not difficult, so you can take it flat out.

It looks short? That's actually a large Tallboy LTc. Maybe it's the wheels that make the frame look compact?

Yeah, I'm happy with the 2x10. Once you get to my age you don't want to be doing your climbs by grinding it out ... Wink

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 20:50 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
If you ever find me dead on an enduro trail just know i was murdered and dumped there by someone who doesn't understand mountain biking really is... just saying.

Ok!

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 22:45 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Views from TS.
Just Awful.
Sucks living here.

Pretty sure you only actually climbed 1/2 the climb now bro... There is 3 sections after that, many of which girls are climbing with ease... Time to man up and ride it all 2x Champ.... Thanks for coming out thou, you are XB's new hero.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 23:09 Quote
It looks short? That's actually a large Tallboy LTc. Maybe it's the wheels that make the frame look compact?

Yeah it's just the big wheels and the geo making it look short. I just checked the geo chart. Top tube is only 612.7 on the large Tallboy. The combo of the big wheels and the shorter top tube make it look short and well... tall. Lol
I'm guess I'm just used to looking at rides with top tubes around 620 now.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 23:14 Quote
Pretty sure you only actually climbed 1/2 the climb now bro... There is 3 sections after that, many of which girls are climbing with ease... Time to man up and ride it all 2x Champ.... Thanks for coming out thou, you are XB's new hero.

Whatever.
Went up to the Swan Lake lookout. Didn't bother with anything after that as I wasn't planning on going up and over to Tombstone. So I have no idea how much more up there was. For me the Swan Lake lookout is a full pull and it was time to go down.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 23:30 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Whatever.
Went up to the Swan Lake lookout. Didn't bother with anything after that as I wasn't planning on going up and over to Tombstone. So I have no idea how much more up there was. For me the Swan Lake lookout is a full pull and it was time to go down.

#GirlsGrindHarder

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077749
Mobile Version of Website