Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 6:01 Quote
Dang it a whole week with out being on wifi and touching my laptop....the thread blows up.

Epic... hmmmm

Eyeing up some epic trails while staying in Drumheller. But there seems to be none. All this epic rock and terrain, and trails.. nada. dafuq is with that?! Alberta sucks, good thing I'm heading out of it tomorrow into smooth flat prairies where I can shred the gnar of winnipeg for a few days!

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 6:09 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
Dang it a whole week with out being on wifi and touching my laptop....the thread blows up.

Epic... hmmmm

Eyeing up some epic trails while staying in Drumheller. But there seems to be none. All this epic rock and terrain, and trails.. nada. dafuq is with that?! Alberta sucks, good thing I'm heading out of it tomorrow into smooth flat prairies where I can shred the gnar of winnipeg for a few days!

Takes a guy a week and he makes it to Dino cemetery Drumheller...? (Sets off for cross Country journey in an E-vehicle.)

Trade that sucker in for mini van bro, it's only 5 day drive across the Red & White bud.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:

Epic... hmmmm

The Drumheller and Horseshoe valleys are both protected nature reserves. The consistency of the soil makes it very easy to damage and creates really bad erosion issues. I grew up 40min away from there, used to be some cool trails and moto trails but they caused mega damage.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
It was small bike Friday for me up at Silver Star/Sovereign. Rode lower RITNB right down to the creek crossing. (as far as it goes right now)
As I said in my earlier post... and I quote my words... "That said if Markeed laid out the line I trust it will be good when done. He knows about flow to go."
Sure enough. When I showed up at the right hand rock roll down at the start of lower the section the preferred exit line to the left of Janky Rock was clear. It had many tire marks on it. The good people know what they are doing. However Janky Rock is still available to ride if you want it. I pushed back up and tried it on the second go. Preferred line is left.
The rest is a nice flowy chunder of rocks and roots right down to the creek. Well done so for.

I'm going to change up the trail ride order for next time but I hit all the highlights.
It was Epic! (snicker snicker)

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
The Good riders will go over the rock roll up and over. Chicken lines are always there bud.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 16:23 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
The Good riders will go over the rock roll up and over. Chicken lines are always there bud.

Please take a video of you riding over it next time and post it here. I'd like to see/examine/critique your janky rock skills.
No one will ride over it. You won't either. Existing tire marks don't lie. People know where the right line is.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

Epic... hmmmm

The Drumheller and Horseshoe valleys are both protected nature reserves. The consistency of the soil makes it very easy to damage and creates really bad erosion issues. I grew up 40min away from there, used to be some cool trails and moto trails but they caused mega damage.

i kinda wondered if that was the case

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
I have a bunch of footage from Revelstoke if the Revie boys want any of it.

The last run of the day....

Views: 205    Faves: 1    Comments: 5

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 20:31 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

Damn! The day the music died. I just wanted it to keep going. That tune fit good.
Screw that title though. Heal that wing man. You should see the new one we sampled today. A few tech climbs that are all climbable , just a bunch of fun moves, and lots of spicy downs. Fresh and already blown out dusty "antilock braking downs"(trademark) with little catch berms. Took a while to get down. Slow tech

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 20:54 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Damn! The day the music died. I just wanted it to keep going. That tune fit good.
Screw that title though. Heal that wing man. You should see the new one we sampled today. A few tech climbs that are all climbable , just a bunch of fun moves, and lots of spicy downs. Fresh and already blown out dusty "antilock braking downs"(trademark) with little catch berms. Took a while to get down. Slow tech

I am hoping the title doesnt fit. The cast is off without another xray. Its not doing so well so I am going to get a second opinion next week. Hopefully I'm just being over cautious.

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 20:57 Quote
Great vid VJ. Trails look sick. tup
Only disappointment is it's only filmed in 480p. Give us the 1080p magic next time and keep the rubber side down for your own safety.

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 6:57 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Only disappointment is it's only filmed in 480p. Give us the 1080p magic next time and keep the rubber side down for your own safety.

Thanks man. I have 3 other runs that dont end that way. Next time you should come although the steepness of it is not even close to what it looks like in this video. I dont know if you can tell but brakes where on almost the whole way down and we are still accelerating. Revie is probably the best riding in BC right now. Completely EPIC...

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
XB has been saying Revelstoke is the best for years, people are clogging up my steez now, time for the next shit

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Thanks man. I have 3 other runs that dont end that way. Next time you should come although the steepness of it is not even close to what it looks like in this video. I dont know if you can tell but brakes where on almost the whole way down and we are still accelerating. Revie is probably the best riding in BC right now. Completely EPIC...

Couldn't make that day work. However if re-doing in Shredtember sometime let me know. Work starts to slow down by then. I always take some time off in Sept or Oct.
It's the most wonderful time of the year. Not X-mas.

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 22:09 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Please take a video of you riding over it next time and post it here. I'd like to see/examine/critique your janky rock skills.
No one will ride over it. You won't either. Existing tire marks don't lie. People know where the right line is.

Boooooooooooooooom.

Views: 221    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028211
Mobile Version of Website