Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 22:57 Quote
No need to be on my case.
I stopped for a little session on Janky rock during the ride tonight. As expected came to a dead stop on the first attempt. Second was a little chunky. Third was dialed after knowing how much speed to carry coming off the rock face. It's ridable... but a little Janky.

Also VJ will be pissed. Full Broduro mode tonight. I pedaled uphill three times. Up to Raw Bones followed by Dagmal and back up Gold Mountain/Road. Full RITNB (last bit not quite done yet) with a Thread finish. Then up Coffee Grinder, stop to session Janky rock and back up Gold Mountain to Sovereign Nordic club. More up than I usually do. Might be a tad sore tomorrow.

Conditions are all good.. Like cmcrawfo said. Can't bomb out rocks and tech. Cool

photo

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 23:05 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I stopped for a little session on Janky rock during the ride tonight. As expected came to a dead stop on the first attempt. Second was a little chunky. Third was dialed after knowing how much speed to carry coming off the rock face. It's ridable... but a little Janky.

Also VJ will be pissed. Full Broduro mode tonight. I pedaled uphill three times. Up to Raw Bones followed by Dagmal and back up Gold Mountain/Road. Full RITNB (last bit not quite done yet) with a Thread finish. Then up Coffee Grinder, stop to session Janky rock and back up Gold Mountain to Sovereign Nordic club. More up than I usually do. Might be a tad sore tomorrow.

Conditions are all good.. Like cmcrawfo said. Can't bomb out rocks and tech. Cool

Ya you dialed in the Jank from XB's video tutorial... Your welcome.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Better than your video. #crushingrockslikeachaingang

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Better than your video. #crushingrockslikeachaingang

post it up bro... wheres your dog vids...?

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 0:21 Quote
No GoPro. You'll just have to trust me.

photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
Upper Dagamals, what climbs? This is 1 sick trail!

Views: 173    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 6:35 Quote
Shred can borrowz my gopro to teach XB a lesson.

Im not sure I will be capable of pedaling after I healz up. 2 nights ago I had beer and 4 freezes for supper and played video games in my underwear. Last night was pretty much a repeat with chicken, beer and a whole bag of BBQ old dutch potato chips and dipped it all in Caesar sauze.. Getting fat and it feelz good.

Video Related...

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 7:44 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Shred can borrowz my gopro to teach XB a lesson.

Im not sure I will be capable of pedaling after I healz up. 2 nights ago I had beer and 4 freezes for supper and played video games in my underwear. Last night was pretty much a repeat with chicken, beer and a whole bag of BBQ old dutch potato chips and dipped it all in Caesar sauze.. Getting fat and it feelz good.

Video Related...

photo

Bro! Your suspension is wack! Front needs more compression and rear less rebound. Rock Shox, Fox, Doge.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Upper Dagamals, what climbs? This is 1 sick trail!

Views: 173    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

3:19 mark and on is all uphill. Thank you for proving my point. No payoff trail. Uphill both ways from the lookout. You can have it.
I'll stick to the downhill grade of Lower Dags to Thread combo.
Upper Dags = #trailforrunners #nopayoff

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 9:59 Quote
Your.

Bro, speed is kept up, trail flows, there is some sick Shreddy bits... Strong on the climbs makes you strong for the descents... XB ain't afraid to pedal on the downhill bro, gots cardio for the #struggle. Little adversity just makes you stronger, try it sometime bro.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 10:09 Quote
Bro you are riding down a big double track road and missing this entire fun single track trail, yaaaaah burn your vert down a road, sick loop bro.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 10:11 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Your.

Bro, speed is kept up, trail flows, there is some sick Shreddy bits... Strong on the climbs makes you strong for the descents... XB ain't afraid to pedal on the downhill bro, gots cardio for the #struggle. Little adversity just makes you stronger, try it sometime bro.

Pedaled up three times last night. One more than usual. There's the adversity.
I will draw up a simple graph about good trails for mountain bikes later and post it up. Have to get some work done first.
Upper Dags is a trail for runners. You will not convince me otherwise. (graph to come)

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Your.

Pedaled up three times last night. One more than usual. There's the adversity.
I will draw up a simple graph about good trails for mountain bikes later and post it up. Have to get some work done first.
Upper Dags is a trail for runners. You will not convince me otherwise. (graph to come)

You pedalled up a low slope road a few times, wow-bro... Hero cookie coming your way!

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 19:25 Quote
Here is the proof. Upper Dagmal is a running trail built by a runner now being used my MTBer's.
Note 462.2m of the total 993.8m is downhill. Close to half (technically more than half, 531.6m) is uphill. AKA an uphill both ways trail. I didn't need this graph to figure this out but is more fun this way. It says primarily downhill. Lies!

photo

In contrast. The best trail up there right now (lower Dagmal) is 652.6m of downhill goodness.

photo

Conclusion. Just skip Upper Dagmal if you're all about the down. Evil Razz

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 22:52 Quote
If you spent more time grinding and less time on graphs, you would crush upper Dagamals with ease. XB 1st place tonight in women's Fox Friday

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034024
Mobile Version of Website