MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:21 Quote
if you have this fork i am wondering how is the forks performance besides dropping it off a cliff without thought just wondering how it rides and how smooth the travel is and how it performs on down hill
Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
i would not recommend this fork. Get a Monster T2 instead if youre dead set on them. 12" is was too much length and rake on your bike. T2s are buttery beautiful. But then 888's are really smooth too.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:34 Quote
yeah it preforms good! just imagine a motorcycle fork, but on a bike. Basically it weighs a ton, too squishy for an up hill climb, or even pedaling on flat. Its only use is cliff dropping but it weighs alot so all of the weight is in the front. I had the monster T, and it was like that, so imagine what a super monster is like

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:38 Quote
well there not that heavy ever biek if riden with monstewrs was great on flat ground and way easy to jump..

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
One word "pointless" get any newer double crown and it will be able to perform just as good.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:47 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
well there not that heavy ever biek if riden with monstewrs was great on flat ground and way easy to jump..

they weigh 21 pounds thats pretty heavy. thats half of what most bikes weigh and its just a fork

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 20:50 Quote
dh-mtn-biker wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

they weigh 21 pounds thats pretty heavy. thats half of what most bikes weigh and its just a fork
not true.. thats thats what marzocchi siad before they recalleld the crowns with ligfhter ones...

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
dh-mtn-biker wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

not true.. thats thats what marzocchi siad before they recalleld the crowns with ligfhter ones...

And Now its Weights 20.5 lbs. hahaha

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
knobzy wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
dh-mtn-biker wrote:

And Now its Weights 20.5 lbs. hahaha
still the risse bigfoolt which is also twelve weighs in at 35 so it isnt bad.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
thanks for all the replys and i could care less about weight my bike already weighs over 50 pounds with my 888

Mod
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
A Super Monster is not very practical as you risk shearing the headtube right off of your frame unless it is gusseted very well. Running a 12" travel fork will also void your warranty as very few frames recommend a 12" fork. If you change the weight of the oil in your current fork as well as put a heavier spring in, you can accomplish the same thing that a Super Monster would and reduce the frequency that you bottom out and you would save 10 pounds off of the front end of your bike.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 22:23 Quote
my head tube is built like mad and if i snap my head tube im gunna through my old forks back on it to bring it in hahaha im trickyBig Grin

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 6:41 Quote
i don't understand why everyone lately has been bent on negitive progression as far as forks go...why not just get a 888. they're lighter, newer, and as smooth or smoother.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 10:56 Quote
its hard to match the plushness of a big diameter fork, and still maintain anti bottom and big travel, that's why i say yay to monster and nay to 888, super monster is overkill, might as well by one of marzocchis aftermarket dirt bike forks

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:27 Quote
Go for it, just to say you did. Then when you realize it was a mistake, pick up a 888.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010343
Mobile Version of Website