Vorsprung corset or monarch plus

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Vorsprung corset or monarch plus
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 7:33 Quote
I've been riding a specialized stumpjumper evo 29er for a few months now, and whilst I love the bike, the standard fox CTD shock has been slightly underwhelming. I've been looking at the monarch plus debonair upgrade which is fairly easy to find in the right size now, however it's not the cheapest. Vorsprung corsets have just come to my attention and do appear to fit the slightly oddly diamentioned stumpjumper shock.
The corset is considerably cheaper than changing the entire shock and seems to have good reviews, however I've not really seen many people write about experiences of them, let alone seen one in the flesh! Has anybody either ridden them or got any opinions on which would be the better option? I'm racing the odd enduro as well as all day rides and even the odd uplift on moderate DH stuff.
Cheers!

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 18:05 Quote
AlexxxC wrote:
I've been riding a specialized stumpjumper evo 29er for a few months now, and whilst I love the bike, the standard fox CTD shock has been slightly underwhelming. I've been looking at the monarch plus debonair upgrade which is fairly easy to find in the right size now, however it's not the cheapest. Vorsprung corsets have just come to my attention and do appear to fit the slightly oddly diamentioned stumpjumper shock.
The corset is considerably cheaper than changing the entire shock and seems to have good reviews, however I've not really seen many people write about experiences of them, let alone seen one in the flesh! Has anybody either ridden them or got any opinions on which would be the better option? I'm racing the odd enduro as well as all day rides and even the odd uplift on moderate DH stuff.
Cheers!

Hey man! Tonight I got my maiden voyage in on my new Corset. I wrote up a little piece about it here: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=152959&pagenum=30#commentid5863008

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure it'll feel even better after it's broken in some more.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 22:40 Quote
Had the debonair,sold it and replaced it with a CCDB cs,it cost me £50 more,and it's night and day better,plus there's no reliability issues like there is with Rockshox.Can't speak for the corset set up,as with all xv air cans probably give a more linear stroke,coil like almost.Climbing on the CCDB cs is amazing,

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008642
Mobile Version of Website