Banshee Rune - Riding position

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Banshee Rune - Riding position
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
Hi there

I am 1,88m tall and ride a large 2015 Banshee Rune.

The bike is build with a 160mm Pike, 27.5” wheels, Reverb Stealth seatpost, 50mm stem and 780mm wide bars.
I have 3 dropout position options…. slack/low, mid position and steep/high.

I just love how the bike handles downhills and jumps in the slack position…. I can even send big gaps and doubles on it as I am on my old Kona Entourage…. But when pointed up, with the seat high (I mean HIGH), I feel like I am way too far back on the bike… the front wheel keeps getting out of the ground… nothing feels natural.

Then I tried the opposite… I raced an endure event on the steep/high position. I can pedal better on the uphills… but I don´t trust the bike on the downhills… I can´t even think about those big jumps.

The mid position is my new option and I still need time to understand if it works... but I don´t think so.

I thought about buying an angleset to steepen the headset on the slack position and see how it goes… but I don´t think it will do the job, as I believe the problem is that the seat-tube angle is too slack.

Anybody as tall as me riding the same bike?

Anybody there with the same sensation?

How are you guys riding your Runes?

Banshee Rune V2 Rock Shox Pike X01 Mavic Pedals and Tires SRAM Guide brakes... Love it

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 1:53 Quote
I don't own the rune but I do own a spitfire. I run it in the slack setting but that only achieves a 66 headangle. It can get a bit light on the front end if it a really steep climb but I am looking forward to down so don't mind it and it's not that bad or often I have this problem.
You could try fiddling with your seat position a little, maybe slide it forward a little or tilt it forward to try get your body weight that bit more over the front.
Suspension set up perhaps little bit more support in the rear, do you use a climb switch or such like?

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
what sag are you running?

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
Hmmm....
sorry for asking a different question.
how it's your rune compare to entourage??
I am thinking about getting one too.

entourage is a great bike on down and bike park stuff.
its rune really that good ar at least have the same feel with entourage??

I know you said you can do big stuff as with your entourage. Are you doing it with the same level of comfort and stability as entourage, or you can do it with some compromise???

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 6:21 Quote
Manachim, the bike feel is very close to the Entourage, but snappier.

I feel it´s a lot lighter in the air, so you need to be more active on the bike, as it´s not going to make it all for you.

Billy and Dave....

I always turn the climbing mode on to climb... so the sag is not a problem.

I will try to place the seat a little more forward and maybe a 60mm stem...

Let´s see how it goes.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 8:35 Quote
Bit late but climbing mode on your shock doesn't affect sag

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.087637
Mobile Version of Website