dee max's

PB Forum :: Downhill
dee max's
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
like any wheel set? if so check out SPANK they make good wheels super cheap like 50 bucks for two hoops and you can get them in lime gree like really bright neon like clour white and black

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
check them out at http://www.spank-bikes.com/

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
get the stiffy there lightish and you can choose the colours

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
a nice set for dh....i9's?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
I just went thought the whole i need a new wheelset dillema on my DH bike as well, and this is what I have com eup with:

Dee Max - It isn't the rim that is the problem, it is the hub. I have serviced one and the pawl system is absolute garbage. There is basically a lose spring that is held in place by a wedge on either side, so the "myth" is NOT. The customer I helped was actually running it with only one pawl working, and I was less than impressed with the amount of enguagements, I'd be surprised if there were 30 per revolution.

King - The only thing I have to say about a king wheelset is GET THE STEEL FREEHUB body. I had an aluminum one and actually had to use a hammer and screwdriver as a punch to get the cassette off. If you don't get the steel freehub body, make sure your running a mountain cassette that has most of the cogs on a single carrier. The new sram DH cassette is actually worse on an aluminum freehub body than a dura-ace road cassette, so buy your cassette carefully.

Swiss 440 - They're about 150g heavier than the king's, and have the same issue with the aluminum freehub body. If your using this for a rear hub, again, make sure that your cassette has a carrier for atleast the biggest 5 cogs.

Hope Pro II - These seemed to be the best mix of everything, IMHO. They're about 25-30g heavier than king, but the rear has a steel freehub body, and it comes in almost as many cool colors. Not to mention that you pick whatever rim and spokes you like.

Saint - If you have no issues with running the siant rotor's, then these seem to have proven reliable. Just keep up on the adjustments as they're not sealed bearings.

Formula El Cheapo's - Heavy, not the best pawl system, and black only, BUT dirt cheap. You can pick one up for like $150 new, and go through 5 of them before you've paid for a king.

Hadley - Marginally more expensive than the hopes, but bullitproof. I have no idea on the weight, but I think it would be somewhere between the hope and the 440's.

I9 - IMHO the best things running. Any color you want, ridiculous enguagement, and any rim you want. There's gonna be a set of red/red on my bike as soon as my financial situation allows.

That's all I got, but hopefully it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
wheres the 19 website?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
mamaloney wrote:
wheres the 19 website?

its i9---industry nine

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
how much are they?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
its like a 600 dollar wheelset
complete
ill find ifo

one min

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
i9 are insanely expensive but they are classy. I would never pay the price for a new wheelset, I got my deemax used for $350.

http://www.industrynine.net/

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
i9 are insanely expensive but they are classy. I would never pay the price for a new wheelset, I got my deemax used for $350.

http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/ItemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=WH-I9-DHFR&MatrixType=1

900 bucks!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
I had deemax on my hardtail back in the day for about 4 weeks and put the biggest hop in the rear! they look cool but don buy them ,I have had better luck with my atomlab DHRs

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
for the hubs. could i lace them in to deemaxes?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
mamaloney wrote:

cant buy just the hub

and no they wont fit

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
07Argyle318 wrote:
mamaloney wrote:

cant buy just the hub

and no they wont fit
damn...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009366
Mobile Version of Website