just wondering....

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
just wondering....
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
If I get a bmx do you think I will totally get out of mountain biking? lots of people have told me that Bmx is just so fun you will not be interested in mountain biking anymore... Is this true?

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
i guess you'll have to be the one to decide for yourself if you get a bmx

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i guess you'll have to be the one to decide for yourself if you get a bmx
well thats the thing. If I wan`t to be able to get a Bmx to ride this season I will have to sell my mountain bike..

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
anyone else got anything to say

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
How can we possibly tell you? What do you think will happen? If you don't know, than I guess you will have to wait and see. No-one can tell you, its a personall thing, many people bmx and still mountain bike, but many people quit mountainbiking for bmx.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
I understand where you guys are coming from...but wouldn`t mountain biking feel a bit awkward after riding a bmx for a long ammount of time

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
well im sure bmx will feel awkward as well if you've been mtn biking for a long period of time

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
new-bmxer wrote:
I understand where you guys are coming from...but wouldn`t mountain biking feel a bit awkward after riding a bmx for a long ammount of time

Yes, It probably will, but you get use to it.

Look at it like this- What do you do on your mountain bike?, do you hang at the skatepark all day, or do you go ride trails a mountains? If you really enjoy riding trails and mountains a lot, I am sure you will keep with the Mountain Bike, because if you really have passion for mountain biking, I'm sure your going to want to ride a big bike when doing it.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
yes I know, I have decided I am defiantly gunna get a bmx.. but It all boils down to the quality of the bmx and or if i`m going to ride my mountain bike after. From all my friends that have converted from MTB-BMX they haven`t even looked back to mountain bikes.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
give it a try, if you dont like it, buy a mountainbike. id say do bmx, it rulestup

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
I have both. I find that Mountain bike never feels akward, even after not riding it for months while riding the bmx during that time. But each bike has there place... my bmx belongs in the park and my mtb covers everything else.

Lots of people quit with mtb's as they cost so much more. Really I think it depends what you do for biking now... if you are into some dh and stuff bmx isn't very suited and you'd probably end up using your mtb. But if you only ride park and dj;s to begin with you might find yourself forgetting about the mtb. IT's all personal though.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
give it a try, if you dont like it, buy a mountainbike. id say do bmx, it rulestup
Ight man! I trust you it`s just i`ve gotta persuade my parents to allow me to sell my bike...

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
I have both. I find that Mountain bike never feels akward, even after not riding it for months while riding the bmx during that time. But each bike has there place... my bmx belongs in the park and my mtb covers everything else.

Lots of people quit with mtb's as they cost so much more. Really I think it depends what you do for biking now... if you are into some dh and stuff bmx isn't very suited and you'd probably end up using your mtb. But if you only ride park and dj;s to begin with you might find yourself forgetting about the mtb. IT's all personal though.

I totally agree with you. I ride dirt jumps and a bit of street and have tried park. I wanna sell my mountain bike it`s just my mom won`t allow me to get another bike because..`I never ride my other one.`

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
you guys got any ideas for me to say to my parents

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
tell them its a hecka lot cheaper than mtb, itl be especially more effective when christmas rolls around and u want bike parts: fork for mtb, 500 bucks; fork for bmx, 100 bucks. they'll prefer bmx Wink

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012132
Mobile Version of Website