Powered by Outside

Vorsprung Corset

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Vorsprung Corset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2015 at 18:15 Quote
Hey Pinkbike! I felt as if I should start a forum specifically about the Corset to post, talk, and ask anything and everything about it as it's fairly new to the world of mountain biking.

Here's a little rider feedback of the first break in ride on my new Corset mounted on a stock Float CTD on a 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1.

Vorsprung Corset - Giant Trance 27.5 1

Vorsprung Corset - Giant Trance 27.5 1

I installed the Corset yesterday and it was so easy to install my grandma could have done it. For anyone who doesn't know, the Corset is an aftermarket shock upgrade for most Fox shocks. It's basically a higher volume air can... or a poor mans Debonair. It just screws on in place of the stock can. It took well over a month for me to get it due to them selling like crazy. Vorsprung was very kind to reply to my email asking where the heck it was. About a week and a half later, I was installing it on my Trance. Right out of the box, I was impressed with the bad@ss look it has. It's a beefy looking can. Tonight I had the opportunity to test it out. I was a little skeptical since there is little info on these installed on a Giant bike. However, I was not let down. I was quite blown away to be completely honest. The upgrade made the rear end of my Trance feel much more active and lively. The small bump sensitivity the Corset offers is phenomenal. I have not spent much time on high end shocks so it's hard for me to compare but my shock now feels on par with my Pike. Yeah, I like it that much. It definitely feels more like a coil and has a bottomless feel to it. Instantly I was taking the downhills faster. The way the shock just lets the bike cruise through the rough gives you a boost of confidence and allows the bike to be man handled through the downhill sections rather than white knuckling the bars holding on for life. It'll put a big stupid smile on your face especially if you're only used to mediocre shocks. Climbing and sprinting also felt really good. The Corset is super plush and active but paired with Giants Maestro suspension the Trance remains very pedal friendly and efficient. I'm sure it will do just as well mounted on other frames. It actually got me up the rougher steeper climbs faster since the shock kept the rear end planted on the ground no matter what. It just molded the rear end of the bike over every root and rock. It's so buttery I had to stop and check my rear tire pressure (at 25 psi) multiple times because I thought I was losing air pressure! It soaked up the bumps that well compared to the stock Float. I would highly recommend the Corset (no I do not work for Vorsprung!) for anyone looking for a budget shock upgrade. Paired with a nice fork, you'll have a killer setup without breaking the bank.

Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 12:22 Quote
Thanks for the useful write up!
I have been looking into getting a Corset air can as what will look to be a very significant upgrade for the Float RP2 shock on my Specialized Pitch. However, I was just wondering what the difference is between the large volume (yours) and the slimmer centred cans Vorsprung offers?

Thanks
Guy

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
What size did you get? I have a 2015 Trance 27.5 2 with the fox CTD shock.

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 19:32 Quote
timsnutz wrote:
What size did you get? I have a 2015 Trance 27.5 2 with the fox CTD shock.

I got the 7.875 x 2.00 and the large diameter can.

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 19:35 Quote
GuyHolder wrote:
Thanks for the useful write up!
I have been looking into getting a Corset air can as what will look to be a very significant upgrade for the Float RP2 shock on my Specialized Pitch. However, I was just wondering what the difference is between the large volume (yours) and the slimmer centred cans Vorsprung offers?

Thanks
Guy

One is specific to the shock you have. If you go on Vorsprungs website and find the Corset, scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a diagram showing which diameter can works for your shock.

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 12:50 Quote
I can only agree with you. I got mine about a month ago and its such a big difference.
Great job by Vorsprung.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 7:28 Quote
angel13 wrote:
I can only agree with you. I got mine about a month ago and its such a big difference.
Great job by Vorsprung.

I don't know why some of the bigger suspension companies don't take advantage of this simple technology on their lower end shocks. Just increasing the air volume of the canister makes a world of difference without having to design an elaborate dampening system.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
Yeah thanks for your words on this! I am really considering getting one and really the only thing I am wondering is, is it really that easy to put on? My Fox RP2 can just has to be screwed on which is pretty easy. So since the seals are all pre-installed from the factory, is all you need to do just lube them with Float Fluid and screw it on the shock body? Vorsprung has instructions on the site but it's kind of confusing to me, so I thought I'd ask someone who's personally done it.

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
Acorn22 wrote:
Yeah thanks for your words on this! I am really considering getting one and really the only thing I am wondering is, is it really that easy to put on? My Fox RP2 can just has to be screwed on which is pretty easy. So since the seals are all pre-installed from the factory, is all you need to do just lube them with Float Fluid and screw it on the shock body? Vorsprung has instructions on the site but it's kind of confusing to me, so I thought I'd ask someone who's personally done it.

Thanks!

It is thst simple. Unscrew the old one. Lube the new and screw it on. Pump up to the correct pressure and you are done.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 17:49 Quote
Solid that seals the deal for me, thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010885
Mobile Version of Website