The USA thread

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
We'll never know.

All I can say is that my old history teacher explained it a lot better.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
We'll never know.

I think he was DOA. In his first 2.5 years in office, he took more vacation days than Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton combined over 3 full terms. To me, that suggests that he simply wasn't ready for this job in the first place.

That number is 250, btw, as of August 2003.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
We'll never know.

I think he was DOA. In his first 1.5 years in office, he took more vacation days than Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton combined over 3 full terms. To me, that suggests that he simply wasn't ready for this job in the first place.

Because he's not running the country!

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:49 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
We'll never know.

I think he was DOA. In his first 1.5 years in office, he took more vacation days than Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton combined over 3 full terms. To me, that suggests that he simply wasn't ready for this job in the first place.

That would be his job...

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
That would be his job...

Yeah, and you think Cheney is jsut sitting there doing nothing? C'mon man, you're smart.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
That would be his job...

Yeah, and you think Cheney is jsut sitting there doing nothing? C'mon man, you're smart.
I'm aware of this, and this is acceptable because...

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:52 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
That would be his job...

I'm aware of this, and this is acceptable because...

It's not.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:52 Quote
You made the lofty claim of GW going down in history as one of the best presidents ever. He had 3 full years before Iraq, what had he accomplished? Nothing. You're gonna have to start providing facts, or at least theories.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:55 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
You made the lofty claim of GW going down in history as one of the best presidents ever. He had 3 full years before Iraq, what had he accomplished? Nothing. You're gonna have to start providing facts, or at least theories.

Do you remember how much of the country was rallying behind him after 9/11? The war in Afghanistan helped him a lot. The economy wasn't in shambles and he had the support of the American people. That is what makes a great president.

This is also before Iraq and when it became all to apparent that Bush was not the one in charge.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
photo
My valuable contribution.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:04 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Do you remember how much of the country was rallying behind him after 9/11? The war in Afghanistan helped him a lot. The economy wasn't in shambles and he had the support of the American people. That is what makes a great president.

This is also before Iraq and when it became all to apparent that Bush was not the one in charge.
False. And he did not gain any results in Afghanistan (sure he outed the Taliban but there is still no stable government). After about a year of nothing, support began to fade.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

False. And he did not gain any results in Afghanistan (sure he outed the Taliban but there is still no stable government). After about a year of nothing, support began to fade.

ACtually, he had a lot of support (initially) in Afgh. The reason there was the year of nothing was to transition to Iraq. But For the first 2.5-3 years of his presidency was dramatically different from the past 5.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:14 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://online.wsj.com/media/info-presapp0605-all.gif

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
igz- wrote:
photo

wtf mouse people?

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
carnell wrote:
igz- wrote:
photo

wtf mouse people?

As in thats where they get their moose heads for their walls or w/e? I don't know what that means tbh lol. And I totally agree about the 51st state, kind of, Tony Blaire totally kissed Bush's ass, I bet if you guys didn't go to war in Iraq, we wouldnt have. He totally only did things to impress Bush.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009050
Mobile Version of Website