Can anyone explain this? Troy Lee moto shorts.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can anyone explain this? Troy Lee moto shorts.
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
Ok, so when I search for troy lee shorts on eBay hundreds of shorts come up from sellers in china claiming that they are selling Troy Lee moto shorts. However all of them are selling them for ridiculously low prices. Just take a look here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xtroy+lee+shorts.TRS0&_nkw=troy+lee+shorts&_sacat=0

Can anyone explain this? Are they scams or are they genuine? Confused

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
Ok, so when I search for troy lee shorts on eBay hundreds of shorts come up from sellers in china claiming that they are selling Troy Lee moto shorts. However all of them are selling them for ridiculously low prices. Just take a look here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xtroy+lee+shorts.TRS0&_nkw=troy+lee+shorts&_sacat=0

Can anyone explain this? Are they scams or are they genuine? Confused

That's tempting.... the seller has decent feedback, mostly positive. Could be last years shorts or older at a discount. It's a risk though.

I ordered an axle from China once and they sent me a carabiner.

If you go for it, let us know how it works out

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
The pictures show this years model. It seems a bit fishy...

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 12:11 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
The pictures show this years model. It seems a bit fishy...

Well you are protected by PayPal and eBay if it goes wrong.

I can't imagine the seller would have so many positive ratings if it was a scam. eBay is good on that. It's that time of the year when old stuff goes on sale.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 12:35 Quote
The only explanation I can think of is that they buy it directly from the troy lee factory in china?

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 12:46 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
The only explanation I can think of is that they buy it directly from the troy lee factory in china?

Who knows. From my experience buying from China on eBay, you're not risking getting scammed out of your money. You're just risking getting sent the wrong item.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
My main worry is that it would be a badly made copy/knockoff Confused Thanks for your insight anyway Smile

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
They'll be 100% fakes!

Usually very good quality for the price though.

See here.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 19:49 Quote
I'm thinking I'm gonna order a couple pairs for $16 I really don't care about the quality when I can buy 10 for the price of 1 here

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 21:47 Quote
jimferno wrote:
They'll be 100% fakes!

Usually very good quality for the price though.

See here.

That's really interesting

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 22:20 Quote
As someone from China, I have bought several of these shorts.
They are not 100% same from TLD's, but they are probably 99% the same, and well worth the money.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 23:49 Quote
Hi me and my friends have had loads from then some really good and some not so good

my pairs ive had for must be 2 years plus and they are still going strong

the newer ones my friends got some have defects in them only see if you look for them
and a pair or 2 of them after the first wash the metal studs have failed and the buckle falls off

but for say £20 a set even if they last a year its worth it

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
Chineese factories don't follow the same laws and standards that we, north americans, are used to.

not always 100% fakes...
Sometimes, they are from the same factory, but with some light defects.
Sometimes, from the same factory, there is some missing parts (hips pads)
Sometimes, same item, but the license is over. So the factory still produce the same item without license. The items are sold illegally in bulk to a 3rd party, and without original packaging ($$) and missing freebies (vynils, decals)

Sometimes 50% fakes
Sometimes, from another factory, it is the same model, same cut, but with a cheaper fabric

Sometimes 100% fakes
Some sellers will try to disguise low-end trousers by adding printed logos (TLD, Fox...)

You think ebay is unsafe when trying to buy genuine parts ? Take a look on aliexpress, dhgate....

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 14:31 Quote
Both my mates got them an had no problems. So just ordered my self a pair, just been told to go a size up. So will repost when they arrive!! Hopefully!!

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 16:21 Quote
JasonCraig1 wrote:
Both my mates got them an had no problems. So just ordered my self a pair, just been told to go a size up. So will repost when they arrive!! Hopefully!!

I'd be interested to hear how they work out. If they do i'll get a pair

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.346615
Mobile Version of Website