Powerball?

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
Ive heard allot about powerballs and how they help build up your wrist muscles. Are they really that good and has anyone tried one?
Thanks Nick

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
All I know about them is that they are really fun to use. My friend uses one to keep his wrists strong for biking, and it can get competitive seeing who gets it the fastest.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
I have one. I like it. It works.

I used it to rehab my wrist after being in a cast for 5 months. The doc and the PT were amazed at the speed of my progress once out of the cast. If you're already strength training your wrists and such, then its probably not going give you popeye forearams or anything. I neglect weight training my forearms quite a bit so I'd way rather rock the powerball for 5-10 minutes a day than do the lame forearm exercises. Definitely kills for the backside (back of your hand side) of your forearms.

Make sure to at least get the one with the rpm monitor on it...it will at least provide a small amount of entertainment while youre standing around your house looking like your whacking it...

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
what is a powerball? how much is it? does it helo with wrist pain?

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
http://www.powerballs.com/

I find their website quite goddamn annoying, but it doesn't take away from the product.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
thanks...im still confused...so what i read...its like taking a rope with a weight and spinning it? the bal lthing, do u like sping your arm and it makes ur mucsls build?

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
God Damnit, I love these little critters.

I got an original and a neon blue, they do help with both rehabilitating and also just general muscle building. Plus you can easily target your inside and outside forearm muscle just by flicking it the oppisite way.

Takes like 5 minutes to catch on how to use it, then about a week to perfect it and you'll never f*ck it up. They're worth it plus if it screws up you can ask for particular parts and they send them out for free without any sort of confirmation haha. I've got a spare rotor because i thought mine had bent and so did they but it hadnt... lol, You should get one they're quite addictive, just expect your fingers to blister if you overuse it for the first few weeks.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
backflip101 wrote:
thanks...im still confused...so what i read...its like taking a rope with a weight and spinning it? the bal lthing, do u like sping your arm and it makes ur mucsls build?

Watch one of the videos. The little string is just to get it started. Once you're good at it, you can start it with your thumb.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
ok..ust cause i dont wanna annoy ppl here,,,imma just go ask a doctor or sumthing...the video on the site just says helo build muscles for rock cluimping, inprove str for tennis rugy etc

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
backflip101 wrote:
ok..ust cause i dont wanna annoy ppl here,,,imma just go ask a doctor or sumthing...the video on the site just says helo build muscles for rock cluimping, inprove str for tennis rugy etc

Go here:
http://www.powerballs.com/powerball_videos.php

About 1/4 of the way down, click on "Starting NSD Powerball"

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
backflip101 wrote:

Lol, well building wrist muscle will help for those sports.

And its nothing like a rope with a weight on the end and spinning it.

Its hard to explain though, its all about the inertia created and the fact that you force created by the gyroscope is transferred to the outershell which you are gripping onto, so to keep it stable you have to absorb the force generated.

You can push it as fast as your muscles with allow so you cant actually pull or tear a muscle or anything, once you start getting tired your performance with it will go downhill dramatically.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
LOFL..the videos of Akis are awesome. I bet that fcker could jack off a hummingbird...or an elephant? a cross? lol

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
so..i watched a vid and its like "powerball hits britan" and its shows ppl what they di is they just spin there wrists around in a circle, is that what you do? if so, how do u guys find them, and do you have to buy them online and do they have an instructional guide for n00bs like me ? Razz cause i usually have a sore wrist, my right one, its sore when i like push down on it or lean back...my parents think it might be from the comp at school and at home, or me bikinng to much ;P i think its probly me doing big stuff on a bad bike ;P

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
silentj wrote:
LOFL..the videos of Akis are awesome. I bet that fcker could jack off a hummingbird...or an elephant? a cross? lol

LOL!!

Yeh i remember seeing him years ago when i first got one was insane. He went on a little tour around countries helping to sell them lol.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
backflip101 wrote:
so..i watched a vid and its like "powerball hits britan" and its shows ppl what they di is they just spin there wrists around in a circle, is that what you do? if so, how do u guys find them, and do you have to buy them online and do they have an instructional guide for n00bs like me ? Razz cause i usually have a sore wrist, my right one, its sore when i like push down on it or lean back...my parents think it might be from the comp at school and at home, or me bikinng to much ;P i think its probly me doing big stuff on a bad bike ;P
Some shops may stock htem but its easier to just buy it online, the powerball website has like different ones for thousands of difffernet countries. I can say without a doubt that there will be a specific site for canada, Its not THAT expensive so you aint putting much out on the line, you get a replacement guarantee and you also get a really good wrist workout which doesn't involve viruses and trojans.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010225
Mobile Version of Website