Process 111 upgrades

PB Forum :: Kona
Process 111 upgrades
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 5:32 Quote
Love my Process 111 on the trail Raced a few enduros on the east coast with the Eastern States Cup and it seems a bit out gunned with the stock setup (Ardents) escpecially when wet/muddy. Slipping on all the rocks and roots is not fun on speed corners over loose gravel. Thinking of updating tires to Minion DHF 2.5 front High Roller II 2.3 rear, a headset which allows to adjust the head angle to slack out a bit when needed and return to stock for normal trails. Of course the rider needs improvement but was curious what people are doing to add stability at the bike park or to ride fast when the trails get wet and rough. Thnx.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
Wondering the same thing. Minion DHF 2.5 front High Roller II 2.3 rear is a good combo for me.
Was wondering about slack set and bigger fork.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 17:29 Quote
I just order a fram set, and I wonder if I have to reduce my 140mm Pike to 130 or if 140 could do it. I am riding Minion DHR II in front and will try the new Minion SS next season.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 20:13 Quote
@shockwave. The 140 will be fine.

I am about to get my 2016 111 frame to replace my 2015 Honzo. I currently run a 140 pike on my Honzo because 120 just isn't enough especially on a hardtail. Talking to some Kona factory store employees they said it was a good call.

If you really wanna step up the descending game of the 111 get an angleset headset as well. I run a 1° slack angle on my Honzo to go from 68° to 67° just that little amount gave the Honzo such a better descending feel.

I'll be running the Angleset on my 111 as well.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 4:03 Quote
Thanks brockfisher05 good insight.

brockfisher05 wrote:

I am about to get my 2016 111 frame to replace my 2015 Honzo. I currently run a 140 pike on my Honzo because 120 just isn't enough especially on a hardtail. Talking to some Kona factory store employees they said it was a good call.

If you really wanna step up the descending game of the 111 get an angleset headset as well. I run a 1° slack angle on my Honzo to go from 68° to 67° just that little amount gave the Honzo such a better descending feel.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 7:23 Quote
No worries!

You were also saying you weren't a fan of the ardents. Honzo came with them to... Holy what an aweful tire haha.

I am running the WTB vigilantes right now and man do I love these tires. Another option would be the new minion exo 29er.

dingus518 wrote:

brockfisher05 wrote:

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
Rode Minon DHF 3C 2.5 with HighRollerII 2.3 at Thunder Mountain yesterday. Still tweeking the pressures and learning the lean angles but definately much better hookup in park as well as the roots/ rocks. Ardents are fine on the XC but definately not what I am looking for on the Process. Thanks again will need to keep the WTB in mind

brockfisher05 wrote:
No worries!

You were also saying you weren't a fan of the ardents. Honzo came with them to... Holy what an aweful tire haha.

I am running the WTB vigilantes right now and man do I love these tires. Another option would be the new minion exo 29er.

dingus518 wrote:

brockfisher05 wrote:

Posted: Dec 27, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
Do guys think that the 111 is burly enough for do-it-all duty on the North Shore?

Posted: Dec 28, 2015 at 4:23 Quote
I decided to reduce the Pike to 130mm. It seems to be the best set up. I will run 2 Minin DHRII this year. See how this goes.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 6:39 Quote
shockwave wrote:
I decided to reduce the Pike to 130mm. It seems to be the best set up. I will run 2 Minin DHRII this year. See how this goes.

Are you still liking the bike at 130? I am just getting into my third week or so with my bike and was considering trying bumping to 130 mm from the stock 120. Everything else (but wheels and front ring) is stock.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 7:21 Quote
sunvalleylaw wrote:
shockwave wrote:

Are you still liking the bike at 130? I am just getting into my third week or so with my bike and was considering trying bumping to 130 mm from the stock 120. Everything else (but wheels and front ring) is stock.

Right now, my Pike needs to be fix. Rebound is not working well. I don't have much experience with the bike at 120 but at 130, I find that the bike climb well and is not unbalance like some other report when they ride it at 140.

I am still tuning it but I like it so far.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 7:45 Quote
shockwave wrote:
sunvalleylaw wrote:
shockwave wrote:

Right now, my Pike needs to be fix. Rebound is not working well. I don't have much experience with the bike at 120 but at 130, I find that the bike climb well and is not unbalance like some other report when they ride it at 140.

I am still tuning it but I like it so far.

Thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013951
Mobile Version of Website