Lapierre Spicy or Zesty AM?

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Spicy or Zesty AM?
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 22:36 Quote
Zesty AM. Have you seen the new Spicys??? Thumbs Down

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 22:49 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.cycles-lapierre.fr/bike/2016/FICHEFICHEZesty-AM-527-e-i.jpg
vs

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.cycles-lapierre.fr/bike/2016/FICHESpicy527.jpg

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 0:19 Quote
Do someone have new lapierre spicy 2016? If so, could you measure wheelbase? I´am just curious how long that bike is...

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Rgas wrote:
drinktothat421 wrote:
Rgas wrote:
The new zesty 527am looks a nice bike, full carbon, not sure how that will hold up when the going gets a bit ruff like.

carbon is stronger.... that the word on the street. Less road vibration. I personally love the older seat stays. Plus my large zesty with a carbon bar and rental light stem and 1x drive rain is still 30lb... not a light bike for being carbon. so i would welcome full carbon. 5 year warranty i believe. Also bikes break, happens to them all. Also i think the different in 150mm travel to spicy 160mm (2016 spicy 165mm) 10mm inst going to save your ass in the rear. but i do run my pike at 160mm. anything more your looking for more downhill anyway. out by me i have a lot of downhill rocky terrain very technical dry and dusty

I had a quick spin on a 2016 327 today and size felt good . The bike felt good, so much so that I've ordered a 527 am which should be here in a few weeks Smile

Hey Rgas, how's the 527 Zesty working out? How's it's climbing ability? I've been looking at one but am not able to demo before purchase.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
brandon-b wrote:
Rgas wrote:
drinktothat421 wrote:

carbon is stronger.... that the word on the street. Less road vibration. I personally love the older seat stays. Plus my large zesty with a carbon bar and rental light stem and 1x drive rain is still 30lb... not a light bike for being carbon. so i would welcome full carbon. 5 year warranty i believe. Also bikes break, happens to them all. Also i think the different in 150mm travel to spicy 160mm (2016 spicy 165mm) 10mm inst going to save your ass in the rear. but i do run my pike at 160mm. anything more your looking for more downhill anyway. out by me i have a lot of downhill rocky terrain very technical dry and dusty

I had a quick spin on a 2016 327 today and size felt good . The bike felt good, so much so that I've ordered a 527 am which should be here in a few weeks Smile

Hey Rgas, how's the 527 Zesty working out? How's it's climbing ability? I've been looking at one but am not able to demo before purchase.

Hey Brandon

I've still got the zesty, I've done a few upgrades to it and still enjoy it. If I was to go of strava I'm actually not to far way from my ht on climbs , I'm miles quicker than I was on my Capra and slightly quicker than a scott spark I had. I'm more built for going down then up. I've beat every down hill time I set on my Capra with the zesty at my local tracks and it's great to chuck in the air.

I don't know what the correct word is but I sometimes find it to light, I don't know if I'm just used to ploughing through everything like I did on my Capra but I have to plan my routes on really rough stuff, but I should expect that with less travel. Like most bikes I've had to check all bolts after every few rides n stuff. The ks dropper post is best uve ever had, so reliable unlike the rockshock stealth I had before.

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 19:57 Quote
i just upgraded to a xo1` crank, and 170mm Reverb Love It!! with xtr 11 speed

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
Rgas wrote:
brandon-b wrote:
Rgas wrote:

Hey Brandon

I've still got the zesty, I've done a few upgrades to it and still enjoy it. If I was to go of strava I'm actually not to far way from my ht on climbs , I'm miles quicker than I was on my Capra and slightly quicker than a scott spark I had. I'm more built for going down then up. I've beat every down hill time I set on my Capra with the zesty at my local tracks and it's great to chuck in the air.

I don't know what the correct word is but I sometimes find it to light, I don't know if I'm just used to ploughing through everything like I did on my Capra but I have to plan my routes on really rough stuff, but I should expect that with less travel. Like most bikes I've had to check all bolts after every few rides n stuff. The ks dropper post is best uve ever had, so reliable unlike the rockshock stealth I had before.

Great write up, thank you for taking the time! I currently have a '15 Commencal Meta AM V4 as my do-it-all bike (I swap rims/tires for DH park) and it generally does fine on climbs but feels a bit heavy on long climbs and big rides. My hope was that the Zesty AM 527 would be a better climber and become my trail bike and the Commencal becomes my freeride/DH bike. Suspension travel is almost the same with the Commencal being 160/150mm front/back which has makes me hesitant. I think I have a little carbon fiber envy going on too as the Commencal is aluminium. Do you happen to know what your Zesty AM 527 weighs in at?

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
my 2015 527 was 32 lbs stock. But with my carbon bars. Renthal 60mm stem, xo1 cranks 1x11 trx, Tubeless. ( i did add a 170mm reverb) my hopes is im either 30lbs or 29lbs. Also since i have the auto that does add weight was well. Id say non auto is maybe 1lb or .5 lbs lighter.

the top line zesty 827 auto is 28/29 lbs (lighter wheels). it is not the lightest 150mm carbon bike thats for sure.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 18:02 Quote
Help!

I just bought my first fully suspended bike (been on road now for the last 20 years) and I'm a super excited. It's a lightly used 2015 Zesty AM 527 EI.

Because I bough it used I'm leary of the EI system (or something else) breaking down, and not being covered by a warranty. Customer care already me told they would "try" to help in that case, but that's not exactly solid.

The bike did not come with a charger either, so that's strike one so far. CC says they can't order me one. WTF? So here are my questions:

1) How are the 2015+ EI systems holding up over time? If one breaks, how do you switch the shock manually?

2) How are youndealing with parts and warranty items being it seems that EVERYTHING has to come from France? (Huge bummer)

3) Where the hell can get a charge cord!?

Somewhat deflated,
~ Ryan

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
rcopter wrote:
Help!

I just bought my first fully suspended bike (been on road now for the last 20 years) and I'm a super excited. It's a lightly used 2015 Zesty AM 527 EI.

Because I bough it used I'm leary of the EI system (or something else) breaking down, and not being covered by a warranty. Customer care already me told they would "try" to help in that case, but that's not exactly solid.

The bike did not come with a charger either, so that's strike one so far. CC says they can't order me one. WTF? So here are my questions:

1) How are the 2015+ EI systems holding up over time? If one breaks, how do you switch the shock manually?

2) How are youndealing with parts and warranty items being it seems that EVERYTHING has to come from France? (Huge bummer)

3) Where the hell can get a charge cord!?

Somewhat deflated,
~ Ryan

you need a charger or a new rear shock. There is a way to open the shock if the battery dies but thast it. Allen head on the back of the shock. but a best bet would to just get a new shock. it wouldn't be difficult to take the IE off. here a my video of the IE system. take the battery to radio shack and see if they can match the plug. it shouldn't be hard to find a matching DC connector. the system is pretty solid if the battery last. everything on the bike is standard the IE system is just a fork senor (like a computer senor) the top cap computer.the motor on the shock and the battery. switch the shock thats it. its a standard length shock, so you could get a fox, or coil if you wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A82kqK86Ffs

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 13:51 Quote
you also want to upgrade the rear axle. they have been know to brake, and it hard to find the replacement axle.

got one of these. on ebay. but it should never break, so its worth the money. you could try a cheaper shimano E-thur 12x142 axle but im not sure on the fittment.

http://www.carbon-ti.com/products/axles-and-quick-releases/x-lock-12-mm-rear/x-lock-x-e-thru-12-x-142

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 14:14 Quote
Hey thanks!

Are you the guy that recently posted the video on youtube? I was the guy who commented on it Smile

I've made some progress; I found the charger / cord.

I've also learned that Lapierre has pulled out of the US. Didn't realize this was the case, must've been recently.

Do we know how the 2015+ Ei system is holding up over time??

Do we know if we can remove the electrocin servo from the RS Monarch shock and replace with the standard manual switch? (As opposed to buying a whole new shock.

Lastly, does your Pike lock out properly? Mine doesn't seem to, but then I've recently learned the newer Pikes don't lock out anymore. They just dampen a little as compared to fully open...

Wish I had a warranty.

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 16:55 Quote
rcopter wrote:
Hey thanks!

Are you the guy that recently posted the video on youtube? I was the guy who commented on it Smile

I've made some progress; I found the charger / cord.

I've also learned that Lapierre has pulled out of the US. Didn't realize this was the case, must've been recently.

Do we know how the 2015+ Ei system is holding up over time??

Do we know if we can remove the electrocin servo from the RS Monarch shock and replace with the standard manual switch? (As opposed to buying a whole new shock.

Lastly, does your Pike lock out properly? Mine doesn't seem to, but then I've recently learned the newer Pikes don't lock out anymore. They just dampen a little as compared to fully open...

Wish I had a warranty.

it gets firm, but lock out in the fork isnt something i use. the system is only 1 year old, call Raleigh America they deal for lapierre. I can still order there bikes. the system is find it should never break unless you crash it. you would spend more money tring to pull the motor then just buying a shock on pink for cheap.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2081585/

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2065013/
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2018484/
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1961477/
It wasnt a recent post, its over a year old now.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 9:19 Quote
I believe I may be the only LaPierre owner/rider in SoCal..have yet to encounter another LP on the trails..my '15 Zesty AM. I was debating between the Spicy and Zesty, but realistically as much as I want to be a Spicy rider, the stuff I ride is more in the realm of a Zesty..and it's plenty robust for me still..such an awesome bike.

2015 LaPierre Zesty 427

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 13:05 Quote
taprackbang wrote:
I believe I may be the only LaPierre owner/rider in SoCal..have yet to encounter another LP on the trails..my '15 Zesty AM. I was debating between the Spicy and Zesty, but realistically as much as I want to be a Spicy rider, the stuff I ride is more in the realm of a Zesty..and it's plenty robust for me still..such an awesome bike.

2015 LaPierre Zesty 427

150mm in the rear is still alot of bike.. I bumped my 150 pikemm to 160mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019697
Mobile Version of Website