Devinci wilson OR Specialized Demo?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Devinci wilson OR Specialized Demo?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
I am really interested in purchasing a DH bike I currently have a specialized enduro and would like to add a DH bike to my collection!! Would like to hear people's suggestions and what they thinks is better to help me make my decision.

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
One of my buds has a Wilson and he's very pleased with it....great bike TBH!

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 19:05 Quote
I have a demo along with 4 friends who all love them and 2 friends with Wilson's who love them.
I've swapped and ridden the Wilson but I weigh 50lbs more so the suspension was so far off I couldn't give it a proper review. The M demo and L Wilson felt about the same size.
One thing I can say is the demos get ridden WAY more but those Wilson's creak like no tomorrow.
Can't go wrong with either IMO but I'd venture to say the Wilson will need to be cleaned and bearings done more often. Just what I've observed from our group of friends

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 20:56 Quote
If you can at all, it's really worthwhile demoing both bikes. I ended up with the Wilson - the geometry suits me better. I usually ride a medium but when I tried the Demo 8, my arse was immediately on the back wheel. I should probably have gone up a size. Don't get me wrong, the Demo 8 is a freaking great bike, but I love my Wilson. I just got the standard build with no upgrades on the components.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 21:22 Quote
I have a Wilson and I love it

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 15:02 Quote
Having rode a Demo 8 and (currently) a Devinci Wilson both of the same year, I was pleased with the way both performed, what I have found is that the Wilson for me is more slack and your weight is more towards the back of the bike, so it handles gnarly decent's and technical rock gardens no problem. The Demo 8 felt as if my weight was more upright but still fairly far back, and I found this key for big jumps and hucks. Both bikes performed great in all aspects of downhill but those are the main things I can pick out, the Wilson still handles Jumps incredible as did the Demo 8 Downhill, that is my opinion though!
Hope this helps you make up your mind, otherwise both are a sick choice!!

Posted: May 18, 2016 at 22:33 Quote
Demo will jump better, wilson will plow over rough ground better. Decide based on your riding style and what you want to use it for

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
What if I want to race conpetively and I also love to jump

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
Jackbound wrote:
What if I want to race conpetively and I also love to jump

Size up for either bike and let er fly. Both great bikes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010367
Mobile Version of Website