SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 5:38 Quote
Cliff-Burton wrote:
@Ckemmerer:

awesome bike!

how did you get rid off the green decals?

Paint remover and a ton of elbow grease. Soaked a rag in the remover, laid it over the green paint, let it sit for a few minutes then scrubbed with a rag until it vanished. It took about an hour or 2 but makes the bike look 100% better.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 5:58 Quote
Thanks for the reply :-)

the paint remover did not harm the black paint at all?

I found a car wrapping film that has exactly the same black, good for TT and rear end

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
Cliff-Burton wrote:
Thanks for the reply :-)

the paint remover did not harm the black paint at all?

I found a car wrapping film that has exactly the same black, good for TT and rear end

Nope, not at all.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 10:03 Quote
ok, thanks again for your help

cheers

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 22:00 Quote
Ckemmerer wrote:
My Rig

photo
photo
photo

Nice one!
Why did you go for a Float X?
I´m just asking because i struggle with the performance of the Debonair RT3 with my setup (260psi, no rings). Progession seems to high. I´m not able to use the full stroke of the damper.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 7:40 Quote
capcom wrote:
Ckemmerer wrote:
My Rig

photo
photo
photo

Nice one!
I´m just asking because i struggle with the performance of the Debonair RT3 with my setup (260psi, no rings). Progession seems to high. I´m not able to use the full stroke of the damper.

Too much progression? Really? How much do you weigh? I'm 180 and I run 190psi 4 rings.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 10:17 Quote
capcom wrote:
Ckemmerer wrote:
My Rig

photo
photo
photo

Nice one!
]

No reason really, Monarch was fine. Mostly because Kashima...

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 7:48 Quote
RMWB wrote:
capcom wrote:
Ckemmerer wrote:
My Rig

photo
photo
photo

Nice one!

Too much progression? Really? How much do you weigh? I'm 180 and I run 190psi 4 rings.

lol 260psi? that shock is solid! Im high 180's geared up and at 190psi, sag is at the 30-33% mark with 2 rings.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 7:52 Quote
Ckemmerer wrote:
capcom wrote:
Ckemmerer wrote:
My Rig

photo
photo
photo

Nice one!
]

No reason really, Monarch was fine. Mostly because Kashima...

Did you ride the Monarch enough to give a comparison between the Float and the Monarch? Looking to swap to a Float over the winter as there are few things I do not like about the Monarch and Floats seems to be smoother through the stroke on my other bikes. However I would like to hear someones opinion having one on the Scout.

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
I've got a spare barely used monarch debonair shock from a mega tr which as 130mm travel, would it work okay in the scout, I'm unsure of the negative effect of adding 5mm travel, the tune is similiar. Just saves a major service or replacement of the scout shock.

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 12:21 Quote
Has it the same eye to eye length and stroke as the shock on the Scout?

The travel of the frame is not important...

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
Eye to eye is the same.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 0:07 Quote
good, if it has the same shock stroke(51mm) it will work just fine

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
My new Scout. Such a sweet bike. Frame build.
2016 Brand New Transition Scout Medium

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 19:36 Quote
So glad you all like the new bike......lol!!!!
Even my Hans Dampf tires are better on the Scout than on my Cube Fritzz Race.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014729
Mobile Version of Website