SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 9:54 Quote
JungleT wrote:
love my scout, 2015 medium,
thinking about extending the 140forks to 150, I have 1 spacer in the pike and 5 in the monarch, 5 seems a bit much, and 1 spacer is not quite enough.

how many spacers are people running?
anyone tried cutting a pike spacer in half?
does 10mm in the fork really make a big difference, since the sag takes a bit of the head angle away?

I'm on a 140 float 36 with no spacers but will be adding some over the winter. I have none in the rear yet but will be adding some as well.

I feel for trail riding my setup does pretty good but if I were to go to a bike park or something I will need more ramp up as I am pretty much maxing out my sag rings now.

My sag is 33% (17mm) (190psi) rear and 20% (25-28mm) (75psi) up front

My dressed weight is about 190lbs (86.18kg)

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
crazbiker4 wrote:
JungleT wrote:
love my scout, 2015 medium,
thinking about extending the 140forks to 150, I have 1 spacer in the pike and 5 in the monarch, 5 seems a bit much, and 1 spacer is not quite enough.

how many spacers are people running?
anyone tried cutting a pike spacer in half?
does 10mm in the fork really make a big difference, since the sag takes a bit of the head angle away?

I'm on a 140 float 36 with no spacers but will be adding some over the winter. I have none in the rear yet but will be adding some as well.

I feel for trail riding my setup does pretty good but if I were to go to a bike park or something I will need more ramp up as I am pretty much maxing out my sag rings now.

My sag is 33% (17mm) (190psi) rear and 20% (25-28mm) (75psi) up front

My dressed weight is about 190lbs (86.18kg)
1 in pike , 2 in monarch but I preferred it with 1,

#Evian RIP

Posted: Dec 17, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
Subscribed! Have a large frame on the way, ordered up some orange graphics to match the Fox suspension!

Build-
Large black frame
2016 Fox 34 150mm
2016 Fox Float DPS shock
XT 1x11 drive
XT brakes
Roval Traverse Fattie wheelset (29mm internal)
Easton Haven 35mm x 35mm stem, Havoc 35 carbon bar x 800

I have yet to see a Scout with a Fox rear shock! This new Fox stuff is incredible, I like the new 34 much better than the Pike! Anyhow, cant wait to get this built up.
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
Subscribed! Have a large frame on the way, ordered up some orange graphics to match the Fox suspension!

Build-
Large black frame
2016 Fox 34 150mm
2016 Fox Float DPS shock
XT 1x11 drive
XT brakes

I have yet to see a Scout with a Fox rear shock! This new Fox stuff is incredible, I like the new 34 much better than the Pike! Anyhow, cant wait to get this built up.
photo

Gunna be sweet. Would love to know how that fox rear shock works out.

Posted: Dec 18, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
RMWB wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:

Build-
Large black frame
2016 Fox 34 150mm
2016 Fox Float DPS shock
XT 1x11 drive
XT brakes

photo

Yea, please do a comparison of the Monarch vs Float DPS!!! I want to change to a Fox float as well!!

Posted: Dec 18, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
crazbiker4 wrote:
RMWB wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:

Build-
Large black frame
2016 Fox 34 150mm
2016 Fox Float DPS shock
XT 1x11 drive
XT brakes

photo

Yea, please do a comparison of the Monarch vs Float DPS!!! I want to change to a Fox float as well!!
Same, not a fan of the debonair,and I would love to try a 150 fork

Posted: Dec 18, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
crazbiker4 wrote:
RMWB wrote:

Same, not a fan of the debonair,and I would love to try a 150 fork

Good choice of frame and fork you'll love them.
I have the new 34's on my scout ,they are awesome .
I was thinking about changing them from 140 to 150 but was scared it would upset the awesome ride.
And tbh I only get the occasional pedal strike.
I think the 2016 frame you have has a slightly higher BB than my 2015 frame..
When I upgrade my cranks I think I might go for 170 or 165mm arms.
I love my scout ,it's so capable and I'm sure the debonair has a big part to play in that.
But I do love what fox is doing at the moment and would love to hear what you think after a few rides.

Posted: Dec 18, 2015 at 20:34 Quote
The new 34 just kills it! I like it so much more than the pike I had. The pike would start to pack and feel dead on the longer runs through the chatter and the 34 stays consistent. Excellent small bump, rides high, lightest in class! The DPS shock is also great. I have been on one for a few months and it is far better than the old CTD I had. Has that coil like feel of the Float-X.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 16:15 Quote
Mines. Love this bike. May be my mostest favoritest bike I've ever had. I know you guys will love the red pedals too.

photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 16:20 Quote
NICE! Love the yellow. I have yet to have a proper ride on mine, build is almost complete, its currently at the shop getting a proper setup, hope to have my first ride on Tuesday!

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
NICE! Love the yellow. I have yet to have a proper ride on mine, build is almost complete, its currently at the shop getting a proper setup, hope to have my first ride on Tuesday!

photo

Nice and clean man. I tried taking off the extra stripes on mine to clean it up and it started taking off clear coat so I gave up. Have to wait for the carbon version to get something different!

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:

photo

Nice and clean man. I tried taking off the extra stripes on mine to clean it up and it started taking off clear coat so I gave up. Have to wait for the carbon version to get something different!
Those forks look rather large , what are they ?
I've stuck some 160s in mine , but I've not ridden it yet. Nice bikes btw..

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 7:01 Quote
What size dropper is everyone using?

I am going to get one soon and I am curious to see what lengths people are using. I like my seat really low on decents but when pedaling I do like it at the proper height.

I am looking at getting a 9Point8 Fallline dropper in the 375 Length x 125 drop. I am on a medium Scout with a 31in inseam.

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
crazbiker4 wrote:
What size dropper is everyone using?

I am going to get one soon and I am curious to see what lengths people are using. I like my seat really low on decents but when pedaling I do like it at the proper height.

I am looking at getting a 9Point8 Fallline dropper in the 375 Length x 125 drop. I am on a medium Scout with a 31in inseam.
I had a problem getting my 150mm reverb low enough in the frame.
The connectamajig thing on the end is so long it touched the pivot.
Had to get a 125mm .
I'm only 5'7" with 29.5" inseam on a medium scout

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021988
Mobile Version of Website