pigman65 wrote:
Scout bearings main two seized little ones still spin sort of
Main bearings seized Confused

Yeah, the stock bearings are kinda shite

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 18:08 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Scout bearings main two seized little ones still spin sort of
Main bearings seized Confused

Yea some of my races were shot... I packed the new ones with s ton of grease.

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:08 Quote
So i got the new bearings today, fitted the smaller ones no problem, but one of the main pivot ones would not go in straight , i ended up smashing it to death on the floor, the seal popped off and it was virtually grease-less, needless to say i am proper vexed, and venomous email has be sent to bearing supplier, anyway it's beer o clock Beer

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:15 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
So i got the new bearings today, fitted the smaller ones no problem, but one of the main pivot ones would not go in straight , i ended up smashing it to death on the floor, the seal popped off and it was virtually grease-less, needless to say i am proper vexed, and venomous email has be sent to bearing supplier, anyway it's beer o clock Beer
That's why you should get enduro max bearings and the proper tool for pressing them in square.

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Milesos wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
That's why you should get enduro max bearings and the proper tool for pressing them in square.
At £19 a shot, the guy advised me not to, and he sells them, as for the tool , i'll borrow one, a vice and sockets has worked fine for the last 30 years

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Milesos wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
At £19 a shot, the guy advised me not to, and he sells them, as for the tool , i'll borrow one, a vice and sockets has worked fine for the last 30 years
I'd rather not put all that effort in to fit s#!t bearings with s#!t grease in them.
Not a dig at you by the way.
what make are the bearings?
It might be that the guy had these in stock and wanted to shift them.

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:52 Quote
Milesos wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
Milesos wrote:

I'd rather not put all that effort in to fit s#!t bearings with s#!t grease in them.
Yeah !

Transition set up video -
https://vimeo.com/160012465

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Milesos wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Yeah !

I edited the post while you were replying.
What bearings did he flog you?

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
Milesos wrote:
Not a dig at you by the way.
what make are the bearings?
It might be that the guy had these in stock and wanted to shift them.
I totally agree, but times are hard Big Grin Kinetic bearings on EBay,

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Milesos wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Yeah !

So you need to grease your pivot bolts straight from new? This seems odd.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
Has anyone had any luck removing the lettering and stripes from their scout? Just got a black/green scout and would love to drop the obnoxious lettering/striping. Tips, tricks, products any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 16:06 Quote
Ckemmerer wrote:
Has anyone had any luck removing the lettering and stripes from their scout? Just got a black/green scout and would love to drop the obnoxious lettering/striping. Tips, tricks, products any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers
Look on page 4 of this thread.
There's a guy on there with orange lettering who removed the old graphics with acetone or thinners.
Only black frames can this be done

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 17:27 Quote
Milesos wrote:
Ckemmerer wrote:
Look on page 4 of this thread.
There's a guy on there with orange lettering who removed the old graphics with acetone or thinners.
Only black frames can this be done

I saw that, wasn't sure if anyone had any tips or tricks that would be useful. Thanks for the heads up though.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 4:10 Quote
Here's mine, this thing absolutely flies!
photo

Spec:
Pike RC 150mm
DT Swiss 240 rear / 350 front on Light Bicycle 35mm rims
Maxxis Minnion DHF 3c / DHR2 dual tyres
XTR shifter / XT mech / GX cassette
Race Face Next SL cranks / OneUp 32t DM oval ring
XTR trail pedals
Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes (183/160mm rotors)
Next 35mm carbon bars / Easton Haven 40mm stem
150mm Stealth Reverb / Fabric Scoop saddle

Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 8:32 Quote
fat-homer wrote:
Here's mine, this thing absolutely flies!
photo

Spec:
Pike RC 150mm
DT Swiss 240 rear / 350 front on Light Bicycle 35mm rims
Maxxis Minnion DHF 3c / DHR2 dual tyres
XTR shifter / XT mech / GX cassette
Race Face Next SL cranks / OneUp 32t DM oval ring
XTR trail pedals
Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes (183/160mm rotors)
Next 35mm carbon bars / Easton Haven 40mm stem
150mm Stealth Reverb / Fabric Scoop saddle
Nice ride, i've just finished rebuilding mine and it's started raining Madder

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025683
Mobile Version of Website