Vanilla rc shock help.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Vanilla rc shock help.
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
some people here recommending to "just get a dhx instead" have probably not ridden the van RC, I believe the Vanilla RC to be a better shock for most 'hardcore' styles of riding [having ridden & owned both for a while], as it actually features proper compression damping - PUSH tuning can actually upgrade a Van RC to feature the benefits of a DHX whilst still maintaining the proper damping system....

Fox have, for 2010, replaced the DHX 5.0 with the DHX RC4, which features proper Hi/Lo compression damping adjustment - I expect if you go for the PUSH 'factory race service' on your RC (which includes any repairs needed), your shock will no doubt come back performing as good, if not better, than the new RC4 shock.... for 1/4 of the price!

Bull shit!!! I have both and the rc4 can't be compared to the van or the dhx 5 and some of you guys have PUSH on the brain.....
I've never actually ridden a PUSH tuned shock... have you?

performance best depends on tuning, a generic aftermarket shock isn't tuned to 'your' bike, so a custom tuned shock, will almost certainly ride better!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
f*ck knows lol iv still got the stuff that was in it n its still nice n clean

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
some people here recommending to "just get a dhx instead" have probably not ridden the van RC, I believe the Vanilla RC to be a better shock for most 'hardcore' styles of riding [having ridden & owned both for a while], as it actually features proper compression damping - PUSH tuning can actually upgrade a Van RC to feature the benefits of a DHX whilst still maintaining the proper damping system....

Fox have, for 2010, replaced the DHX 5.0 with the DHX RC4, which features proper Hi/Lo compression damping adjustment - I expect if you go for the PUSH 'factory race service' on your RC (which includes any repairs needed), your shock will no doubt come back performing as good, if not better, than the new RC4 shock.... for 1/4 of the price!

Bull shit!!! I have both and the rc4 can't be compared to the van or the dhx 5 and some of you guys have PUSH on the brain.....
I've never actually ridden a PUSH tuned shock... have you?

performance best depends on tuning, a generic aftermarket shock isn't tuned to 'your' bike, so a custom tuned shock, will almost certainly ride better!

Yeah, push can make a shock run for specific conditions they have their own seals and bushings which i'm sure are great. they take a shock and with oil weight and valving making it rider and bike specific. with the dhx 5 the were taking out the pro pedal with takes away from small bump sensitivity. and the can do the same thing with oil and valving. the new rc4 allows you to customize your rear shock for various race conditions all on the fly with out having to customize each time.
Plus with the new shock designs suspension designs are able to get away with things that a few years ago would have been next to impossible.. These new shocks with all their fancy gizzmos are actually becoming part of the suspension design.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
Whoa wtf, I made this thread like a year and a half ago. No need to
revive a dead thread.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
To whoever is trying to fix their Vanilla RC-

Cant do it. Unlike the DHX, the Vanilla has a true high pressure nitrogen charge that is not user serviceable. Even if you get it back together, you will have an aerated shock, or it will hydraulically lock early in its travel due to insufficient IFP depth.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

Cant do it. Unlike the DHX, the Vanilla has a true high pressure nitrogen charge that is not user serviceable. Even if you get it back together, you will have an aerated shock, or it will hydraulically lock early in its travel due to insufficient IFP depth.

but i cant see nowere to put air

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
roach87 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

but i cant see nowere to put air

Exactly. Its a needle that punctures that little tiny whitish seal. You CANT service it. Only places I know of with the tool to add a charge to those is Push and Fox

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
If you want to look at the charge thing...

Look at a dhx, and find the air valve on the res. Now look at the same place on yours. That little nub is it.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/dhsfull.gif

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
mines is an old van rc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012637
Mobile Version of Website