Vallee Bras Du Nord - Anyone been?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Vallee Bras Du Nord - Anyone been?
Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 15:31 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Badsoupp wrote:
Canadmos wrote:
If its only your second year of riding and limited to mostly Toronto, then you did really well by even attempting some of those trails (and managing the climbs).

Just a lot of practice. No secret sauce. I just hit 2000km on my Stumpjumper and I bought that in Dec 2020. I give credit to starting off riding in the Don in Toronto. Narrow singletrack, somewhat technical, very punchy climbs, a lot of exposure, gets pretty dusty and not groomed at all. Pretty sketch at times. Other than that I have a bit of trail dirt bike experience out in Ganaraska just east of Toronto and cover some distance on the road bike (bicycle) as well.

There's definitely some tech in the Don, but I'd say it's pretty mellow overall.

Have you headed north to spots like Porcupine Ridge, Bracebridge resource management center or Sudbury yet? If not I'd take a trip - you'll get some seriously hard tech with tons of rocks. Just no big descents like in Quebec Frown

Only The Don, Hydrocut, Dagmar/Durham, Copeland, Kelso and one trip to Horseshoe. There was also a day at Whistler in 2021 when I was on a road trip out there. I've got alot of Southern Ontario places to check out still.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027350
Mobile Version of Website