I keep breaking pikes, HELP

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I keep breaking pikes, HELP
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
I'm on my third pair now. Each time I get a new pair, they last about a month until the horrendous cracking noise comes back (the stanchion is separating from the crown of the fork), I don't do nose manuals or nose pivots that often at all, only when the trail requires it, and clean the fork after every ride. Does ANYONE have this problem with these shitty forks or am I just unlucky?

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
You've broken so many Pikes that you buy them in pairs?

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 15:20 Quote
I've just got mine replaced only had my first pair 7 months I've just got the 2016 models so hopefully should be ok, but way I look at it is its saving me money on servicing my forks ????

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 21:22 Quote
I have the same problem, first had revs that lasted 6 months, upgraded to pikes as didn't have 150mm (sweet) they lasted 6 rides, replaced with 2016 which I'm on about 10 rides in and started to creak. I bought mine from crc and who then send them to sram no question asked swapped for New. Pain in the arse as it takes 3 weeks. I'm just msg sram saying not good enough!! Can they suggest something stronger #lyrikhinthint

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
Mine sh!t themselves on a regular basis.

The problem with rs is that they're always heavily discounted because you don't actually get much for your money, whereas fox or bos or... Errr.... Dvo (maybe?) Is made well internally and rs, I believe, is a bit disposable in its manufacture. Same difference with a Thomson dropper and a reverb, for instance....

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 3:39 Quote
Well, glad im not the only one. I just send mine back to the local bike shop and they sort it out, only takes around a week. I have had both sets of bikes (apart from dual position) and all have had the same problem.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
Harry-Bradbury wrote:
Well, glad im not the only one. I just send mine back to the local bike shop and they sort it out, only takes around a week. I have had both sets of bikes (apart from dual position) and all have had the same problem.

no your most deffo not, try telling the rs fanatics about the issues they suffer from.

still i'm satisfied that it's not them riding round on bos devilles for example and me instead lol.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
What is this creaking you guys speak of, when I stoppie my pike always creaks good on the very first one and usually "settles in" I always wrote it off to carbonbike or headset noises but now I am curious

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
Frowzy wrote:
What is this creaking you guys speak of, when I stoppie my pike always creaks good on the very first one and usually "settles in" I always wrote it off to carbonbike or headset noises but now I am curious

Mine sound a bit like a creaking seat only done it once for a few hours then stopped few weeks later drop bike off at lbs for some other warranty work took them off and starting creaking again mine where dual position pikes

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 13:54 Quote
Viperx96 wrote:
Frowzy wrote:

Mine sound a bit like a creaking seat only done it once for a few hours then stopped few weeks later drop bike off at lbs for some other warranty work took them off and starting creaking again mine where dual position pikes

Mine are dpa aswell I didn't mean what it sounds like I more wanted to know where the sound comes from and when it happens and how often, like when you just hop of the bike, all the time, whenever you push down on the forks or only when you do things like endo etc

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 0:36 Quote
Mine is down to crown steerer bonding, take off the front wheel, turn bike upside down and pull the lowers in opposite directions, if they creack then it's the bounding from steerer and crown .rs will replace under warranty

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 8:19 Quote
keaty1984 wrote:
Mine is down to crown steerer bonding, take off the front wheel, turn bike upside down and pull the lowers in opposite directions, if they creack then it's the bounding from steerer and crown .rs will replace under warranty

thanks for a good answer mate, bounding from steerer and crown what does bounding mean?

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
Are there quality issues with rs suspension or is it just down to the volumes sold,that we hear about the small percentage that fail?Seems to be a lot of pikes and monarchs failing at the moment

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Are there quality issues with rs suspension or is it just down to the volumes sold,that we hear about the small percentage that fail?Seems to be a lot of pikes and monarchs failing at the moment

There is a reason why theyre all cheaper than all other brands competitive match
But also because they are cheaper more people have them aswell so more posts appear

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 10:19 Quote
lazyname wrote:
You've broken so many Pikes that you buy them in pairs?

I knew someone would post this

It bothers me too

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011273
Mobile Version of Website