Specialzed Enduro 650 B vs Trek Slash 650 B

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialzed Enduro 650 B vs Trek Slash 650 B
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
I am thinking about a 27.5"-wheel Enduro bike. I'm looking at the Enduro 650b Expert and Trek Slash both in 27.5"Are there big differences between those bikes? Any thoughs?

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
BartDM wrote:
I am thinking about a 27.5"-wheel Enduro bike. I'm looking at the Enduro 650b Expert and Trek Slash both in 27.5"Are there big differences between those bikes? Any thoughs?

Two different linkage design. Yes the bikes will be very different just from that. I advise to go and ride both the bikes before you decide. You can read up on reviews and review the geometry and compare the two all day. A lot of the bike is up to the rider and what the rider wants to do with life.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 17:33 Quote
They're both very similar. You will definitely need to test them both. Personally I advocate the Trek, due to the suspension design that keeps it active while on the brakes and also isolates the suspension forces from the front triangle. And I like Trek's paint job.

But go ride them and see.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
throw the Giant Trance, trance SX, and reign into this conversation and ill participateSmile

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 20:15 Quote
Trance275298 wrote:
throw the Giant Trance, trance SX, and reign into this conversation and ill participateSmile

Add the Cannondale Jekyll while you're at it Wink

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 7:33 Quote
Specialized Enduro 650b, definitely much more rear shock options than the Trek (both coil & air shocks).
Plus on the descending the FSR (Horst Link) is plusher, IMHO.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
thank you guys for your ideas and answers. you are right, need to test them, like whole day every bike. but from the other side I am gonna use this bike-trek or spec- to ride the trails and to visit bikeparks. I take my bike like 4 or 5 times a year to the bike park or just ride in the mountains. so even if I ride whole day, it may be hard to say which one is going to be the best option. probably have to find the golden mean.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
Both suspensions all but eliminate braking influence. Put most simply, the Trek is going to be slightly better at going up while the Enduro is going to be slightly better going down. But it's ridiculous to choose a bike based on it's rear suspension. FSR, ABP, VPP, DWlink, Maestro, Delta - all fantastic suspension systems. There are too many more important aspects to worry about when choosing a bike.

Just like everyone else is saying, get out there and ride. IMO, the Enduro is one of the greatest mountain bikes in the history of the sport. It's going to be hard to beat. But i've owned a few in my time and I might be a bit biased.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 8:40 Quote
I've owned both the 650b Slash and 650b Enduro, and I think it all comes down to your riding style. It took me more time than I had hoped to get comfortable on the Enduro, but once I did it's pretty awesome. The biggest thing for me that I noticed was the Enduro is much more of a race bike, while I felt the Slash was a little more playful. I always knew what my rear end was doing on the Slash, and not as much on the Enduro. All in all you can't go wrong with either bike, (as long as you don't use an Inline on the Enduro Wink )

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
willfox747 wrote:
I've owned both the 650b Slash and 650b Enduro, and I think it all comes down to your riding style. It took me more time than I had hoped to get comfortable on the Enduro, but once I did it's pretty awesome. The biggest thing for me that I noticed was the Enduro is much more of a race bike, while I felt the Slash was a little more playful. I always knew what my rear end was doing on the Slash, and not as much on the Enduro. All in all you can't go wrong with either bike, (as long as you don't use an Inline on the Enduro Wink )

did you have 26 or 27,5"?

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 18:24 Quote
Pretty sure it says I owned the 27.5/650b Slash and Enduro(currently). But I have also owned the 26 Slash. Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 6:09 Quote
willfox747 wrote:
Pretty sure it says I owned the 27.5/650b Slash and Enduro(currently). But I have also owned the 26 Slash. Smile
would you say there a big difference between 26" and 27,5"? are more satisfied with 650b?

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2015 at 12:38 Quote
I prefer the 650b, faster bike.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 1:52 Quote
Good to know that.thanks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011586
Mobile Version of Website