Reverb rebuild works once, then doesn't compress

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb rebuild works once, then doesn't compress
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 19:50 Quote
Rebuilt my 125mm reverb (non-stealth) using the 4-part video series from Sram. The first time I got it all back together and the hose bled, I pushed the button, the post went down and the post came back up. Then it wouldn't go down again. Tried bleeding it again and got the same exact outcome, post goes down and back up once, not again. Tried bleeding it again and this time the post went down most of the way, but not all the way and now wouldn't come back up. On all three attempts, pressure was lost in the remote button when it stopped working.

I've done the bleed multiple times before with success, but this is my first time with the rebuild. However, I think this seems more like an issue with the bleed than the post rebuild, but I'm not sure. There must be air getting into the remote system somehow right? The only explanation I've come up with is that there might be a problem with the hose. Depending on whether my lbs has a hose replacement kit in stock, I'll try that tomorrow.

Any other ideas on possible causes?

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
Bleeding a reverb is pretty simple. If you lose the bleed right away and everything looks and feels good on the lever portion of the reverb, you should look to the internals of the reverb. Air is probably getting into the lever's hydraulic circuit meaning an o-ring is damaged or the part the o-ring seals is damaged. Basically every o-ring and sealing surface from the air spring to the lever should be checked. Just take it apart or pay a LBS to redo your mistakes for $100-150 depending on what kit is needed if you don't know what you're doing.

Just curious...original owner? basic or full kit?

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
Figured it out the next day. Turned out to be one of those "I'm an effing idiot" moments. Everything was good except I was putting the bleed port screws back into their opposite ports. I'm gonna go ahead and blame the late night and beer Smile

Original owner, full kit. Rebuild was actually fairly easy with the video. First time with a reverb, but I've also rebuilt various forks and shocks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011768
Mobile Version of Website