What's the most playful/jumpy/poppy downhill bike out there?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the most playful/jumpy/poppy downhill bike out there?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 18:53 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Getting back to business...I would look at something similar to a Scott Voltage fr710. I have never personally ridden one but i know they tend to be very playful and fun whereas more race oriented bikes tend to have that "velcro-to-the-ground" feel. That is good for racing, but it sounds like you would be better off with something you can boost off of jumps with and be nimble in the air. (You can also put a dual crown fork on there if the Fox 36 isn't enough)

The V10 is not a "velcro to the ground bike" it is quite playful. I think a bike like the Norco Aurum is a no air kinda bike also the center of gravity is quite high on most Norco bikes that I've ridden.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 22:29 Quote
north-shore-king wrote:
S-nicholas wrote:
Getting back to business...I would look at something similar to a Scott Voltage fr710. I have never personally ridden one but i know they tend to be very playful and fun whereas more race oriented bikes tend to have that "velcro-to-the-ground" feel. That is good for racing, but it sounds like you would be better off with something you can boost off of jumps with and be nimble in the air. (You can also put a dual crown fork on there if the Fox 36 isn't enough)

The V10 is not a "velcro to the ground bike" it is quite playful. I think a bike like the Norco Aurum is a no air kinda bike also the center of gravity is quite high on most Norco bikes that I've ridden.
Huh…like I said, I have never ridden a Voltage. And also, I have heard the opposite and that the Aurum is much more playful. Haven't had the chance to ride either of those ones though.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 14:14 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
north-shore-king wrote:
S-nicholas wrote:

Huh…like I said, I have never ridden a Voltage. And also, I have heard the opposite and that the Aurum is much more playful. Haven't had the chance to ride either of those ones though.

I respectfully disagree. I have the 2015 aurum and it is more playful than I thought it was going to be. I'm no whip master or anything, but it's fun in the air. IMO

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
patch92 wrote:
S-nicholas wrote:
north-shore-king wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I have the 2015 aurum and it is more playful than I thought it was going to be. I'm no whip master or anything, but it's fun in the air. IMO

I guess I haven't ridden the Aurum so I don't know exactly how it feels sorry about voicing my opinion without knowing much about the Norco Aurum.Facepalm

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 21:15 Quote
Dude1005 wrote:
Tr500
I have heard that those transitions are vey playful but still capable of racing. Their designed to be less of a full on race bike and slightly more freeride oriented.

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 22:09 Quote
Not on the list,but a Morewood Izimu is a very playful bike,light,adjustable geometry,can bike a long slung out bike,or short race bike with the xpi feature,cheap and bombproof.

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Dude1005 wrote:
Tr500
I have heard that those transitions are vey playful but still capable of racing. Their designed to be less of a full on race bike and slightly more freeride oriented.
That is exactly how they feel. For 1 all round dh/fr bike, tr500 is definitely a contender.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014688
Mobile Version of Website