CRC are taking the piss

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 6:27 Quote
iian wrote:
Timlake, you hit the nail on the head.

Iian,

Thanks for the input, although I believe an element of what you and others say I am not fully convinced.

The upshot of my situation is that I have started shopping about amongst online dealers for gear, and CRC do not have my blind trust as before.

Cheers

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
That's ok though to shop elsewhere, no need to be obliged to shop at one retailer.

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
Yeah I put an order in and used the "free shipping" to Canada option, it used to parcelforce and Canada post but this time it was DHL, they wanted $130 additional in taxes/brokerage/duty on a $355 order. I contacted CRC and they could have cared less. I told DHL to send it back. I won't be using CRC again, at least with Jenson you know what the fees will be before placing your order.

FL
Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 10:34 Quote
Like it has been said several times in this thread, your best bet is to buy from bike-discount, hibike (my current fave) or bike24. All in Germany, flat shipping rate, no taxes/duties (as far as I remember) and great prices on almost everything, especially Shimano. tup

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 12:21 Quote
Theocr wrote:
I ordered something in september for my birthday in october, and i got an email saying it wouldnt come till december, and now it isnt coming till febuary!!

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
I have had nothing but good experiences with CRC. I admit living in Northern Ireland pretty much removes the issue of shipping but you can't beat next day delivery!

Posted: Dec 28, 2015 at 11:04 Quote
Stuff costs less on Bike24 and some other stores any day of the year, than it costs on CRC when on DISCOUNT! SALE! etc...

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
imho4ep wrote:
Yeah I put an order in and used the "free shipping" to Canada option, it used to parcelforce and Canada post but this time it was DHL, they wanted $130 additional in taxes/brokerage/duty on a $355 order. I contacted CRC and they could have cared less. I told DHL to send it back. I won't be using CRC again, at least with Jenson you know what the fees will be before placing your order.

so you imported goods and are pissed with a company in another country because your goverment wants you to pay the taxes on the items. CRC has nothing to do with the tax issue they sell items without tax, can't really see it as their fault.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
No, read the thread. His problem is he would like to know who is delievering the item because the fees vary greatly from company to company.

That post has to do with importing into Canada. Why do so many people that live in other countries want to join in when they have no idea what it is like to import stuff into Canada.?

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
No, read the thread. His problem is he would like to know who is delievering the item because the fees vary greatly from company to company.

That post has to do with importing into Canada. Why do so many people that live in other countries want to join in when they have no idea what it is like to import stuff into Canada.?

doesn't matter who you use to post it, you can still end up paying taxes. Its the same for any country, its not just canada that has import tax & sales tax. If you import into the UK, you get charged £10 from the post office/parcel force just for handling the paper work.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
You still dont get it and Im not going to repeat it. You can go back and read if you want.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 11:25 Quote
Simple really though isn't it, if you don't want to pay a sudden charge for tax from having imported items DO NOT IMPORT FROM CRC!

Simples

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 11:36 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
You still dont get it and Im not going to repeat it. You can go back and read if you want.

its pretty easy to understand but you don't

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
OMG that is not it. It is the different AMOUNT you pay with different couriers. Are we all speaking english here?

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
Yer pays yer money yer takes yer choice!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028504
Mobile Version of Website