Favourite tool you own/ Best buy.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Favourite tool you own/ Best buy.
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 7:42 Quote
Duct tape---used on the trail to fix a hole in my tire(it was so f'n huge) and I also was able to wrap up the spokes(eight on one side) from that same frickin tree hit... Thanks Steve for giving me the idea

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
twowheels4ever wrote:
Duct tape---used on the trail to fix a hole in my tire(it was so f'n huge) and I also was able to wrap up the spokes(eight on one side) from that same frickin tree hit... Thanks Steve for giving me the idea
Zipties are a good one too

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
Spot facer is another one, makes a huge difference....

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
favorite tool is my scribe. use it everything for everything from fishing washers out to finishing fresly cut cables. it is always in my apron and never lets me down and great for poking shotgun holes in Pilsners at the end of a trying day.
Best $4.95 every spent.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
Parks self centering wheel jig. Bloted to a bit of old kitchen worktop.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 3:43 Quote
Adjustable crescent wrench***

Allen Keys***

Chain Breaker***

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
I hate my chain breaker, I've got two.

One the rails where the chain mounts snapped within the first use!!

The second one I paid £5.99 for though it was goin to be alright. Stupidly the designed it with such a thin handle theres no way you can get enough force without it spinning so you end up having to either grab the chain and just use that to stabilise the tool or get a rag and wrap it around everything exposing the handle to twist!

God, I dont trust powerlinks either not after my chain splitting yesterday! Found the 2 plates side by side though haa!

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
worst - damn powerlinks (i guess they're a tool... that sticks to your chain.)
best - toss between my parktool aws8 (i think... it's a bunch of allen keys) and zip-ties
need most - T25, cassette tool and a workstand

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
totally the ratcheting 15mm wrench

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
Motorcycle tire leversBig Grin

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
my magical rubber mallet, i hit my bike with it and eveything seems to fix itself, its awesome and kinda scary to hahatup

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
crankbros multi-17, pretty much every tool you'll ever need in a cellphone-size package (except for tire levers and crescent/cone wrenches, there's only 2 extremely hard to use sizes)

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
when do you ever need a hammer for anything on a bike? a mallet? occasionally, but never a hammer

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
I've had a cannondale hex+ multitool for close to 10 years now, and it still works great and looks good too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018681
Mobile Version of Website