Breckenridge CO or Park City UT & Vail CO

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Breckenridge CO or Park City UT & Vail CO
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
Our family has the opportunity to travel next July to Breckenridge CO for two weeks, or to Park City Utah for one week then Vail CO for a second week. Thinking of best places to ride for the whole family as well as other activities. Kids will be 8 and 11. Anyone have suggestions as to which of the 2 options would be better? And also other activities to do as a family.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2015 at 15:52 Quote
classicjay wrote:
Our family has the opportunity to travel next July to Breckenridge CO for two weeks, or to Park City Utah for one week then Vail CO for a second week. Thinking of best places to ride for the whole family as well as other activities. Kids will be 8 and 11. Anyone have suggestions as to which of the 2 options would be better? And also other activities to do as a family.

I'd split between Vail and Salt Lake. 2 weeks in Breckenridge is a long time and that area is a bit of tourist trap manufactured for ski tourism. That's not to say there aren't some great trails and things to do with the family, it'll just get old after a week.

Being in Vail will give you access to a bigger town (still touristy), and bike park but nicer than the Silverthorne area. There are some other nearby towns like Eagle that are cool and have lots of XC type trails, cool shops, etc. If you drive between Salt Lake and Vail (you should) it's unreal. Places like Glenwood Springs, Fruita/Grand Junction and possibly Moab are not to be missed if you're willing to take a slight detour. I haven't been to Salt Lake but a good friend of mine who is a biker moved there recently and loves it.

Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 17:04 Quote
Definitely go for the park city /Vail option. The riding in park city is insane and you'll be able to ride all the same trails in the Vail/breck area in a week.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009315
Mobile Version of Website