Strong hockey sticks

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Strong hockey sticks
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
before you write and say this isnt bike realted, its in the off topic section.

i was wondering if anyone here has any suggestion on strong hockey sticks that wont break because ive gone through 7 this year and im tired of breaking blades and shafts. this is what ive had so far:

warrior dolomite, broken blade
easton hybrid blade for dolomite, broken
sherwood feather light blade for dolomite, broken
reebok 7k grip, broken shaft
sherwood 500, wood, broken shaft
easton z-carbon x2, broken shaft

i know no stick is unbreakable but do you have any suggestions?

Mod
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
I have had a lot of experience with one piece composites since we get a huge deal through several different manufacturers on them from our local hockey store/sponsor and my personal favorite is still the Easton Synergy. Any of the Synergy models are great. I prefer the Synergy grip as opposed to just the normal Synergy or the newer si-cores just because I have always played with a yellow Synergy Grip as this is all they offered. The CCM Vector is also a quality stick that I use in practice. RBK and Bauer also make some very nice impressive sticks and I have had above average results with the Hespeler composites too. However, there are some people on my team that have not switched over to these one piece composite sticks as they prefer the way that a wood stick feels. All sticks will inevitably break and therefore, I constantly replace all of mine especially when I decide to block a shot with my stick.

My preference is:
1)Easton Synergy.
2)CCM Vector and RBK are pretty much tied.
3)Bauer or Easton Havoc. (Bauer is better than the Havoc but the Havoc is cheap so you are getting your monies worth).
4)Hespeler is probably the same quality as the Havoc.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to how much you want to spend. If you just want a shaft, get an Easton Z-Bubble. This is the same shaft that they use on the Synergy. As for blades, I have an Easton Graphite Shanahan.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
i would personally go with a Nike Bauer of some sort. very good sticks. i have the 160 from Canadian Tire, and for $120 you're getting a deal. i take a ton of slap shots from the point and there isn't so much as a scratch on it (well paint is rubbed off but that happens). i wouldn't suggest the Synergys. i went through two this year and about 4 last year, all in the same spot just above the heel where it starts to straighten out.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
alright thanks, ive tested my friends synergys and i dont like the feel as much as i liked my sticks, but i might go for a bauer whether it be one60 or one70 or mabey a new vapour.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
i use a synergy and its great
nikebauer also has some good sticks

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
for slapshots and stuff like that.nb one90
for other things vapour 30(XXX) the vapour 40(XXXX) isnt even grip but is just a smidge lighter

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
I'm not a big fan of composites - being a defensive defenseman I like the sturdy feel of wood between my hands. I'd recommend Sherwoods with the Crosby blade - nice and strong, won't snap easy (at least not in my experience). The only problem I have with woods is the blade - it gets ripped to splinters on the ice if your not careful, so you'll have to spend a good amount in tape just to keep her in prime.

If you don't like woods, at the least don't get the vapours - from all accounts I've heard they snap like crazy, same with the reebok's. Sorry if I make some of you guys angry by that, but that's what I've heard.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
Okay, well, as you all know, there are a ton of sticks out there, and I'm an offensive defensemen who takes lots of one timers (That's usually when I sap my stick)and I have found that my Vapor XXX Lite is still going strong, and even when that stick isn't working, I'll use my TPS Response Plus, and itr'll work just the same.

Here are my choices in strongest sticks:

1) Vapor XXX Lite
2) TPS Response Red Lite
3) TPS Red-Lite, Shaft, snapped in about 4 months
4)Warrior Mac-Daddy (Snapped in 3 months)

I hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
i wouldnt go with the vapour xxx my friend snaped the blade off it i would go with the new easton syenergey se

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
Go find a shaft and blade that you just like. Don't look at weight, but feel around and scope out something that you feel fits you. Get two of those shafts and a couple blades that fit your style. Go to wherever you buy your gear and just get twelve blades made. And after that you're good to go. It'll probably only cost just as much as those mutliple one pieces you broke/ are going to break. Wood blades give better handling, and a way better feel on the puck.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
yea i ended getting a z-bubble grip shaft and an easton synergy wood blade. its worked great so far, and i havent broken it so thats good, hahaha

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
i just re taped my stick today and there is a massive crack/split on the blade Frown Frown

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
my friend is 12 and yesterday he snapped his synergy and he is really skinny and not that strong so....

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
beginning of last year i bought a RBK sickick and i havent looked back at all still in one picse and is just beginning to crack at the toe and i play Bantam AAA hockey so its been through some pretty rough wars.

cheers

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
I've gone through about 7 wood sticks and about two wood blades this year. I was sick of these wood sticks breaking so I bought a Vapor XXX. Best stick I ever had.(until a fat kid fell on it) But then i got it fixed (professionaly) and i cant feel the difference.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032372
Mobile Version of Website