Suspension Problems ! Please Help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension Problems ! Please Help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Hi guys, I brought a nukeproof mega am 2012 a few months ago now and ride it pretty much twice a week when I can. I took it for a service at my LBS and all was good. It had a small problem with the rock shox monarch rt3 shock that was slowly leaking. All was fine when I got the bike back for a few days and rode it fine. After about a week though I have noticed a few more problems. The shock still leaks but they only gave it a service about a week ago (replacing all seals etc) and a pressure test. So that's the first thing I need help with. Then there's the other issue. I have started to notice a knocking from the fork which is 2012/13 (I think) rock shox lyric coil u turn. It knocks form the damper I think, when I hold the front brake on and rock the bike slightly. I thought nothing of it at the time and probably didn't notice it before I got the bike serviced because of the wheel bearings and headset being replaced. But this morning I when the into the shed and found a pool of fluid under my forks. It appears that fluid is leaking form the rebound adjuster bolt. Could it be that a seal has gone or that the damper has failed ? And help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 21:18 Quote
Put this in the quick question thread more people there to help you out

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 21:39 Quote
macveany wrote:
Hi guys, I brought a nukeproof mega am 2012 a few months ago now and ride it pretty much twice a week when I can. I took it for a service at my LBS and all was good. It had a small problem with the rock shox monarch rt3 shock that was slowly leaking. All was fine when I got the bike back for a few days and rode it fine. After about a week though I have noticed a few more problems. The shock still leaks but they only gave it a service about a week ago (replacing all seals etc) and a pressure test. So that's the first thing I need help with. Then there's the other issue. I have started to notice a knocking from the fork which is 2012/13 (I think) rock shox lyric coil u turn. It knocks form the damper I think, when I hold the front brake on and rock the bike slightly. I thought nothing of it at the time and probably didn't notice it before I got the bike serviced because of the wheel bearings and headset being replaced. But this morning I when the into the shed and found a pool of fluid under my forks. It appears that fluid is leaking form the rebound adjuster bolt. Could it be that a seal has gone or that the damper has failed ? And help would be much appreciated. Cheers

ok lets see if i can help,

1, check the air valve on the monarch, ive heard that the valve has some issues, install new valve.

2, the "knock" in the forks could be that the bushings are done,ie: too much slack between the stanchion and bushing, if this is the case, not much you can do, RS might be able to get you a bushing kit,check with the LBS on this.

3, Fluid from the damper side, could be just the crush washer is not to torque spec, i believe its 65 inch pounds, you could try to undo the bolt, clean the surface of the lower where to bolt will contact, replace washer and torque.

4, if you find more fluid in the lower than the recommended level, then theres a leak with the seal head.

5, the lbs was last to touch it, it should be under warranty. take it back, and ask about the above.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Brian

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 1:39 Quote
Thank you for the quick responses ! That's great, I'll replace the valve myself, and I'll take the fork back to the LBS. Thanks for the help !
Cheers,
Josh

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 10:37 Quote
macveany wrote:
Thank you for the quick responses ! That's great, I'll replace the valve myself, and I'll take the fork back to the LBS. Thanks for the help !
Cheers,
Josh

Np, hope u get sorted out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009653
Mobile Version of Website