IronHorse, droppin the DW-link

PB Forum :: Downhill
IronHorse, droppin the DW-link
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
ok sure but is DW really dave winkel or is it just some yahoo spreding rumors on MTBR which is full of yahoos

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
I'm just speculating, of course but I think they might replace the DW with a Split Pivot linkage system. They would still have to license it from Dave Weagle, like they did with the DW, but that doesn't mean that they won't use it. But at this point, this is all speculation, on my part. But this could just be an e-rumor, that gets passed around the forums, and nothing really comes of it.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:
That sucks!!!!! DW-Link is the greatest suspension design on the market for DH racing, when I got the chance to ride a Sunday, I couldn't believe how well it performed!! I mean it was so crisp and responsive. You could flick the Sunday around like it was nothing. And there was no brake jack, everything was so perfect Frown . But at least there will be a company that will use DW on their DH rig. I'm keen to find out what company. But I'm sure IH and Sam will find another design that will work just great.
Did you ever think that Iron Horse is trying to move forward with a better design? Most bike companies don't go backwards. They take something that they already have and perfect it/change it to improve on the previous design. Therefore, whatever IH is brewing in the lab is only going to be better than the DW-Link. It is counter revolutionary to think that they are going to produce something lesser than the DW-Link. If you think that there is no brake jack, you were not riding a bike. All bikes have brake jack. This includes Maestro, VPP, DW-Link, Single Pivot, and every other frame design. The only advantage to the technology is how well it decreases the effects of brake jack. The adverse effects of brake jack will always be present however, some designs are better than others at decreasing or minimizing the effects it has on the suspension. Iron Horse is not the only manufacturer that has some radical new frame designs coming either. It looks like 2009 will be a rather big and revolutionary year in the mountainbike industry. I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store.
Yes i agree i was just so pumped talking about my ride with the SUNDAY that i was over rating it. Yes all bikes have break jack, but it wasn't that noticeable. 2009 will be an amazing year in mountain bike history. I'm saving up already.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
I'm just speculating, of course but I think they might replace the DW with a Split Pivot linkage system. They would still have to license it from Dave Weagle, like they did with the DW, but that doesn't mean that they won't use it. But at this point, this is all speculation, on my part.
DW link is supposed to be better than the split pivot, so I doubt IH would down grade to the SP.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
sam hill is leaving at the end of 08 anyway
J

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
I dont understand the obsession with the ironhorse and its magical DW link.

Ok, well I know that it was created by Elves - on the 11th moon of Jupiter and when the universe was only a 18.9111 days old (reoccuring - of course!). And also it makes rock gardens flat, berms straight and pedals for you. Aswell as slaughtering the competition so that you cruise past the finish - slighty bloodstained I must admit.

But apart from all that....

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:
That sucks!!!!! DW-Link is the greatest suspension design on the market for DH racing, when I got the chance to ride a Sunday, I couldn't believe how well it performed!! I mean it was so crisp and responsive. You could flick the Sunday around like it was nothing. And there was no brake jack, everything was so perfect Frown . But at least there will be a company that will use DW on their DH rig. I'm keen to find out what company. But I'm sure IH and Sam will find another design that will work just great.
Did you ever think that Iron Horse is trying to move forward with a better design? Most bike companies don't go backwards. They take something that they already have and perfect it/change it to improve on the previous design. Therefore, whatever IH is brewing in the lab is only going to be better than the DW-Link. It is counter revolutionary to think that they are going to produce something lesser than the DW-Link. If you think that there is no brake jack, you were not riding a bike. All bikes have brake jack. This includes Maestro, VPP, DW-Link, Single Pivot, and every other frame design. The only advantage to the technology is how well it decreases the effects of brake jack. The adverse effects of brake jack will always be present however, some designs are better than others at decreasing or minimizing the effects it has on the suspension. Iron Horse is not the only manufacturer that has some radical new frame designs coming either. It looks like 2009 will be a rather big and revolutionary year in the mountainbike industry. I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store.

true most companies move forward but this is a little different situation. from what iv hurd it doenst sound like they're choosing to drop it, they're loosing their liscense to use it. so (total speculation) its very posible that they might take a step back next year.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
JAG10 wrote:
sam hill is leaving at the end of 08 anyway
J

i havent hurd anything about this but if they do...honestly, i think IH is gonna be f*cked next year

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
I'm just speculating, of course but I think they might replace the DW with a Split Pivot linkage system. They would still have to license it from Dave Weagle, like they did with the DW, but that doesn't mean that they won't use it. But at this point, this is all speculation, on my part. But this could just be an e-rumor, that gets passed around the forums, and nothing really comes of it.

yeah that WOULD make sense, since iron horse got an almost exclusive license to d-dub link, which was created by dave weagel, it would make sense that they get first dibs at his new design, split pivot.

also - to whoever said split pivot was worse than d-dub: if the same guy invented them, and he invented d-dub first, why would he bother making an inferior design public after introducing a better one?

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
MajesticMOOSE wrote:

yeah that WOULD make sense, since iron horse got an almost exclusive license to d-dub link, which was created by dave weagel, it would make sense that they get first dibs at his new design, split pivot.

also - to whoever said split pivot was worse than d-dub: if the same guy invented them, and he invented d-dub first, why would he bother making an inferior design public after introducing a better one?
He stated that the dw link system was a better system. HE SAID THAT. I will find the article.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
lol ok i can't find it, but the more i think of it, I think he stated it was a better design for a certain application, but i don't remember. I read the article way back when the rumors were poppin up.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
I doubt a company such as IronHorse will be "f*cked". They would have something on the brew well before the liscense ran out, and sooo many people ride a sunday in australia that we alone would have given them the money to buy the VPP patent or something (slight exaggeration, but there are a lot of sundays here)

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
mabye as the millyard bike is guna be a production bike, iron horse will step it up even more and bring out a completly new race bike

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
jingo wrote:
mabye as the millyard bike is guna be a production bike, iron horse will step it up even more and bring out a completly new race bike
uhhhhhh no.......

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012448
Mobile Version of Website