What fork would you suggest for a Bottlerocket?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What fork would you suggest for a Bottlerocket?
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 10:48 Quote
strider wrote:
i liked my pike though the lyric would have been a good choice as well i just never by first generation as proven by the highend totem and high end lyric

photo

looks awesome.....hopefully now with the Pedalhead shop in Edmonton and B&B.co in Sherwood Park dealing Transitions, we'll see a lot more Bottlerockets on the trails!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
strider wrote:
i liked my pike though the lyric would have been a good choice as well i just never by first generation as proven by the highend totem and high end lyric

photo

that is a tight bike

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 11:24 Quote
[Quoten]Well Sherlock, I suppose a smarty pants super sleuth like yourself had a gander at my album and didn't see a Bottlerocket. Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?
I checked you album and saw no intelligence.....big deal.

I said it would handle like crap. NOT, that the frame couldn't support it. Anyways, a 7" Boxxer and Fox40 8" is quite a bit of difference in crown to axle height and like I said, it was my OPINION. The headtube could probably handle an old Monster T. Does that mean you should put one on?? I guess you might be the guy to try it. Congrats![/Quoten]

You saw no intelligence, what exactly is that supposed to mean?
The axle to crown of the fox 40, is approximately 571mm, the axle to crown of a 7 inch boxxer is 538mm, basically, it all adds up to about an inch difference depending if the fork has a drop, or flat crown. 1 inch difference in the fork, amounts to a change in head tube angle of roughly 1 degree. Nothing to get worked up over. Mathmatics agrees with me, and you cant argue the math, putting a tall fork on the bottle rocket, isn't going to throw the geo of the bike of to any great extent. And again, if you are running a fork with 7 or 8 inch of travel, you're probley going to be riding a lot of trails, or racing. So decreasing the head angle would actually be a desired effect, not by any means making the handling "crap".

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
one25forlife wrote:
[Quoten]Well Sherlock, I suppose a smarty pants super sleuth like yourself had a gander at my album and didn't see a Bottlerocket. Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?
I checked you album and saw no intelligence.....big deal.

I said it would handle like crap. NOT, that the frame couldn't support it. Anyways, a 7" Boxxer and Fox40 8" is quite a bit of difference in crown to axle height and like I said, it was my OPINION. The headtube could probably handle an old Monster T. Does that mean you should put one on?? I guess you might be the guy to try it. Congrats![/Quoten]

You saw no intelligence, what exactly is that supposed to mean?
The axle to crown of the fox 40, is approximately 571mm, the axle to crown of a 7 inch boxxer is 538mm, basically, it all adds up to about an inch difference depending if the fork has a drop, or flat crown. 1 inch difference in the fork, amounts to a change in head tube angle of roughly 1 degree. Nothing to get worked up over. Mathmatics agrees with me, and you cant argue the math, putting a tall fork on the bottle rocket, isn't going to throw the geo of the bike of to any great extent. And again, if you are running a fork with 7 or 8 inch of travel, you're probley going to be riding a lot of trails, or racing. So decreasing the head angle would actually be a desired effect, not by any means making the handling "crap".

Well, I suppose if it'll work so well then, we'll see lots of BR's with triple's on 'em? I think not.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
I suggest 66 rc2x or domain 2 step air

Mod
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:23 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:

Well, I suppose if it'll work so well then, we'll see lots of BR's with triple's on 'em? I think not.

I might try it out when I get my BR. Have a triple crown for racing, and keep my 36 for normal riding. Cool The reviews with the longer travel forks on the br sound great.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

I might try it out when I get my BR. Have a triple crown for racing, and keep my 36 for normal riding. Cool The reviews with the longer travel forks on the br sound great.

We'll see Terri....You know I'm gonna harrass you on the hill though. Big Grin

Mod
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:37 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

Not when I am faster than you. Anyways the hill will only require the 36. Other fork will probably be racing only.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:45 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

Not when I am faster than you. Anyways the hill will only require the 36. Other fork will probably be racing only.

Either get a mazoccji 66 or 55

Mod
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
djjumper13 wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

Either get a mazoccji 66 or 55

Naw it's gonna be an 888 probably. I have a Fox 36 Talas RC2 already.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 at 12:53 Quote
I`ve been riding mine with `05 Sherman Flick+(150mm)for few months now, and it`s almost perfect. A little bit higher fork would make it a bit more stable at speed...i`ll say less than 170mm could be perfect. More disturbing is the lock-out factor on the rear (during braking)...

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 12:39 Quote
photo

My rocket with van rc2, roco rear

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 8:02 Quote
ide really like to see a bottle rocket with manitou travis single 150,or 180 with a 1.5 steer tube.that would be sick...!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013573
Mobile Version of Website