Sexiest Trail bike.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Trail bike.
Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 10:14 Quote
I wonder if a 170 post will fit slammed in the medium? I wish companies would start posting this info in an easy to find place.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
I wish more companies would be like SC and build their larges around 150+ posts.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
I wonder if a 170 post will fit slammed in the medium? I wish companies would start posting this info in an easy to find place.

I'm curious - why are you riding such a huge post? Did you find you prefer the shorter ETT and Reach of the smaller bike?

A debate about whether I could fit a GG Smash Size Medium at 6' even with a 33" inseam. I liked my 471mm reach XL Commencal with a 643mm ETT. The Medium Smash is 465mm Reach and 617mm ETT. The Smash Large is 490mm reach, which is a big jump, especially compared to the the Smuggler Large at 475mm Reach and 625mm ETT.

It seems like with a longer offset post (I like the Command Post) on the size Medium Smash might effectively lengthen the ETT, and I could add a tad bit of length with a reach extender headset, matching my Commencal in Reach, and the large Smuggler in ETT.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
I am 5ft 6 with 28.25" saddle height. I want 450 ish reach as that s what my hardtail is. Anything shorter just feels wrong now. Long post and low standover is where it's at.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 10:36 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

I'm curious - why are you riding such a huge post? Did you find you prefer the shorter ETT and Reach of the smaller bike?

A debate about whether I could fit a GG Smash Size Medium at 6' even with a 33" inseam. I liked my 471mm reach XL Commencal with a 643mm ETT. The Medium Smash is 465mm Reach and 617mm ETT. The Smash Large is 490mm reach, which is a big jump, especially compared to the the Smuggler Large at 475mm Reach and 625mm ETT.

It seems like with a longer offset post (I like the Command Post) on the size Medium Smash might effectively lengthen the ETT, and I could add a tad bit of length with a reach extender headset, matching my Commencal in Reach, and the large Smuggler in ETT.

Even with a 150mm post slammed all the way on my large Hightower, the saddle would come up and hit me when I was jumping over obstacles and going off jumps. The lower my saddle can get when I'm descending, the better.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
That is true but why do I have 4" of post showing on my dh bike??? And have no trouble on steep trails.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 13:20 Quote
Cuz your balls are in your wife's purse?

HEYOOOO

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
That is true but why do I have 4" of post showing on my dh bike??? And have no trouble on steep trails.

You have proper technique and use the saddle to steer with your legs.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

I also have 4 in of post out on my dj. It also has a 12" seat tube.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 14:52 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
abennett219 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

I say dh bike but it's more of a freeride bike (Rose Soulfire). Me? Proper technique? I operate with a wing and a prayer....

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
abennett219 wrote:

I say dh bike but it's more of a freeride bike (Rose Soulfire). Me? Proper technique? I operate with a wing and a prayer....

I read dj not dh anyways haha.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:

Because we all have different riding styles? I come from a BMX background and I like to pull the bike up pretty far when I go off jumps. I like as much clearance over the saddle as possible.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 10:07 Quote
And saddle on your dh bike is tilted. Makes a difference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013480
Mobile Version of Website