50-60 mm AM stems with 5-10 degree rise ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
50-60 mm AM stems with 5-10 degree rise ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
Does anyone know of any manufacturers who produce stems in 50-60 mm ext. with 5-10 degrees of rise ? All of the suitable AM stems I can find have 0... any help or suggestions would be appreciated.. cheers

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 12:40 Quote
both the Renthal stems have a fair amount of rise

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 11:23 Quote
Take a look at RaceFace

edit - RF Respond may be a good inexpensive option.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 14:02 Quote
Gentlemen... thanks a ton for your suggestions.. Renthal product is top notch, but a bit rich in price... perhaps more stem than I need really.. Race face does carry stems with the extension and rise I am looking for at a manageable price point.

I have had trouble finding any stems in the 50-60 ext range with any rise... good to know they are out there... cheers and thanks.. get shreddy...

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 17:25 Quote
thanks for the heads up .. I am looking at the Apex model with 6 degrees of rise.... sweet ass looking stem, and I hear it's very burly...

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 18:17 Quote
brianl wrote:
Take a look at RaceFace

edit - RF Respond may be a good inexpensive option.

Spot on Brian... I think this is probably the stem for me... I would really like the Renthal Apex, so sexy and light but at twice the price of this stem... I be a happy camper. thanks for the suggestions.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
I have a 40mm Apex, didn't suggest it because you requested 10 deg rise ... reasonably light too.

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 23:04 Quote
I second the raceface respond stem. I chose it because i was coming from a 60mm stem and wanted to see what a shorter stem was like and not be out a bunch of money.

Paid 45 cdn for it at mec.
10mm rise.
45mm length.
31.8 dia.

Riding wise i feel no negtives. Climbs fine. Im less stretched out over the bike. Which is what i was looking for.

Bike decends just as good as usual. Im sure its helping descents but its not overly noticeable. Id say for the price its worth trying.

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 23:06 Quote
Ill likely make up the weight difference with a carbon bar. As the RF respond stem is like 40 grams more than a more expensive stem.

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 23:09 Quote
Wait, you won't buy the expensive light stem, but will buy the cheap heavy stem and then also buy an even more expensive carbon bar to make up for the weight diff?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
TheUnknownMTBR wrote:
Wait, you won't buy the expensive light stem, but will buy the cheap heavy stem and then also buy an even more expensive carbon bar to make up for the weight diff?

I will buy an expensive light stem. When i can afford it. But it was wiser to buy a more affordable one to see if i even like a short stem. Glad i didnt purchase the RF atlas 50mm for more than twice the price first. As i know i can go shorter than 45mm now. But more time is needed on the RF respond stem.

A carbon bar is in my future no matter what.

I just coughed up a few hundered bucks for an OE FOX 36 performance elite 170mm fork so i cant be ballin too hard on top of the line components right now. All in due time!

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 at 10:10 Quote
a good financial planner would point out the flaw of that logic, but how you spend your cash is up to you ... enjoy

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011581
Mobile Version of Website