What is camp fortune like

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is camp fortune like
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
So the trails will probably be Q Cup?

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:

Don't know.... it's 50/50 between the Canada and Quebec course. Each one has it special features. Q-Cup has the infamous "dump' and the Canada Cup trail has the now famous "couch corner". As a previous poster mentioned, WEAR your body Amour along with the spine guard! Hey Newbies, are you a bit nervous now? You should be!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
dhpig wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

Don't know.... it's 50/50 between the Canada and Quebec course. Each one has it special features. Q-Cup has the infamous "dump' and the Canada Cup trail has the now famous "couch corner". As a previous poster mentioned, WEAR your body Amour along with the spine guard! Hey Newbies, are you a bit nervous now? You should be!

Ok, I think its Canada Cup then!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
I couldnt find "Canada Cup" on their trail map!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
The trail with the Couch corner is Bill's run, and that section is also known as Bill's corner, it's steep and pretty tech. The whole trail is steep, too, whereas on Q-cup it mellows out a bit after the Dump

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
I couldnt find "Canada Cup" on their trail map!

Sorry, I meant the National Course, but the National that the o-Cup races is not the same as on the map and incorporate Bill's Run, Evergreen and a few other double diamond runs

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
Its a close to home race but I really dont want to race it Razz . I hate technical!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
i hiked up and talked to some of the trail builders but there keeping it a secret. so who knows what run

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
dhpig wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

I go to fortune, I dont wear armor. I also never got a flat their Razz

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 5:04 Quote
Didn't they do a race that ended on Rockfest last year?

Fortune is the first place I rode DH at and for me it's the epitome DH riding. Steep and tech with lots of pointy rocks. Once you figure out the line through the Dump, it's not so bad. Pretty intimidating section the first time you see it, though.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
MKR1 wrote:
Didn't they do a race that ended on Rockfest last year?

Fortune is the first place I rode DH at and for me it's the epitome DH riding. Steep and tech with lots of pointy rocks. Once you figure out the line through the Dump, it's not so bad. Pretty intimidating section the first time you see it, though.
Yeah! specialy if you dont have that great of a bike. Im goin this weekend with 3 friends, one of them is his FIRST FIRST time ever to DH and he has a specialized hardrock sport with V-brakes! Something bads gonna happen Im sure!

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
Yeah I watched the videos of "the dump" and I could slightly see some lines. This Saturday if its sunny, Ill go to fortune and do the trails like q cup and national and bills run (and salamander eh Joel?). Ill scope out some sections for sure!

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
If you really want to scare yourself, try Hairway to Stephen. Dear god, it's steep!

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
If you really want to scare yourself, try Hairway to Stephen. Dear god, it's steep!

Thanks!!! That is the run that I was trying to remember. F'n steep for sure, but allot of fun. One of the O-cup races will incorporate Hairway to Stephen.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
Is that the trail next to the chair lift?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033706
Mobile Version of Website